Front wiper motor problem

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Gpc

Post by Gpc »

This has become an issue on my car now, replaced the fuse a couple of times as kept blowing and now as soon as its rekaxed it blows. The wipers are stuck half way across the windscreen!!

Hopefully tho might be in luck and will be able to get someone to look at it ;)

Gpc2014-03-27 23:00:05

scorers1

Post by scorers1 »

Hi BillBIve have a problem with the fuses blowing on our Quasqai and have read your comments.Ive tried to take the wiper arms off after taking off the nuts,so i can take the plastic cover off to access the motor but cannot release the arms,do you have any idea how to?Kind regards.
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

they are on splines ...straight pull or small puller...wd40 helps make sure when you re fit thtat you run the motor to park positon and then fit the blades in the park position.
BillB

Post by BillB »

Hi,The wiper blades are on a tapered and splined shaft and if you cannot free them by rocking the wiper arm you need to you can buy a small extractor tool that has two claw feet to fit under the blade and a bolt on the top to push onto the shaft end. Draper make one thats about £15 and is on Amazon I thinkBest off luck
BillB
Williambeaumont

Post by Williambeaumont »

Hi,I have had the same problem today took it to Nissan they wanted £298.00 just for the motor. Thanks to Bills instructions I can say its a very simple fix, just follow the instructions.Thanks again Bill you saved me some money with that.
scorers1

Post by scorers1 »

Thanks everyone for the help,i eventually got hold of our normal garage today and he stripped the motor apart,cleaned it up for us and so far its working ok at a cost of £80.Nissan quoted £266+ vat and would have put us on the list!!!! So Thanks everyone,you were spot on.
John G

Post by John G »

Hi
Followed Billb advice, had to tap the shaft out with a hammer, cleaned off, had to tap it back in,seems tight fit, tried it, connected, still nothing, motor got warm, should it be fixed in position as to earth it?, did not blow fuse, nothing at all,possible relay?,meanwhile,so frustrated,on bay of Evil qashqai breakers......spotted a 2014 breaking, will that motor fit my 09.....???
liamC

Post by liamC »

Hi Bill, my motor packed in today, and I'm told it will be 3rd Feb before I can get a replacement @£250 plus VAT. Can you advise me please?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Excuse me for seeming a little thick again, but doesn't the qq come with a 3 year warranty as standard? The car has only been on the market for less than a year now, so if something like this has failed then it should be replaced free of charge under warranty. If your car is out of warranty then you are on the wrong forum.
bala

Post by bala »

This forum does have members with the older QQ!If you look in to this thread more carefully it is under the J10 section.
2010 N-Tec 2.0L CVT 4WD