Front wiper motor problem

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
BillB

Post by BillB »

Hi All, Have any of you had a problem with the front windscreen wiper motor where the wipers continually blow the fuse. If so I have a solution to the problem and if you want any help please get in touch as Nissan's only solution is to replace the Motor/gearbox unit for around £280 ! BillB
BillB

Dan

Post by Dan »

Hi,I've not had an issue but thanks for the offer, hopefully it will come in handy for someone.CheersDan
sharp1983

Post by sharp1983 »

hi there, I have the fault you have described. I putmy wiper on on sunday, they worked until they got half way back across the screen then blew the fuse. Had the AA out who have said its the motor. Covered under AA warranty but gotta wait til 18th feb for the part!! would really appreciate your ideas/solutuions!!!

Many Thanks
pistnbroke

Post by pistnbroke »

did you clear the screen of snow and lift the blades before you started the wipers? Sometimes water gets in the motor and when it freezes the motor stalls and blows the fuse ....Your only option is to do it the land rover way and pull the motor out and check the internals .I suppose if you could do that you would 1/ not be asking the question 2/ driving a land rover .
Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Hi BillMy Front qashqai motor did exactly that, just stopped working.Nissan said.. that will be £280 please. I would love to hear your solution. Thanks Alex
bushead

Post by bushead »

Hi,Second time this month fuse has just blown again!!!! Could really do with the information!!Failing that and to save me having to go to the mechanic each time which fuse is it under the bonnet? It's driving me nuts!!!!Thanks,Jon
sharp1983

Post by sharp1983 »

Hi mate, I'm still waiting on the motor to arrive my cars been off the road for 3 weeks very frustrated. It's fuse number 3 under bonnet green 30 amp.
bushead

Post by bushead »

Yeah looks like it might be the motor now then, having checked the fuses they all look good. Oddly fuse 3 was a 15amp fuse not a 30amp (in my mind that shouldn't stop it working just more likely to blow the fuse?) Can only assume the mechanic who did it didn't have a 30amp fuse!!
BillB

Post by BillB »

The problerm is not the motor but the output shaft from the gearbox which will be solid with rust as this is not sealed or lubricated I can refurbish for £80 which is more cost effective that replacing the motor /gearbox for £280 BillB
BillB
BillB

Post by BillB »

The problem is that the output shaft from the gearbox is neither lubricatee or sealed and rusts solid. I can refurbish for £80 which is more cost effective than buying a new one for £280 which will in turn fail for the same reasons BillB
BillB