Annoying Rattle In Rear Somewhere

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
skyscape

Post by skyscape »

I have a 2 month old Tekna 1.5DCi and have got this really irritating rattle in the rear somewhere - at first I thought it was the quite loose parcel shelf so I lined it with neoprene on all contact surfaces but its still there even after taking everything out of the boot. It is only there on roughish road surfaces and goes after approx 40mph but sounds like something solid on solid. Anyone else got any clues what this may be before I take it back to the dealers to find it !??
there isnt a problem that cannot be solved by the careful application of high explosives

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

It could be almost anything but I had an intermittent banging from the back of my previous Juke that took some finding. It turned out in the end to be that the rear seats needed a much harder thump when erected and latched than I was giving it. In other cars I've had seat belts rubbing, the buckle rattling against plastic cladding, and even a tin of de-icer in the spare wheel well that started rattling against a bit of bare metal. Two bits of trim might squeak where they join each other. The list of possibilities is almost endless.
The seat of the Juke sounds most like your problem. It was worse when cold and disappeared after maybe five miles in warm weather. I'm not saying it is exactly that, just illustrating what you should be looking for. Hope that helps, as I know how annoying such things can be to some people.
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

skyscape wrote:I have a 2 month old Tekna 1.5DCi and have got this really irritating rattle in the rear somewhere - at first I thought it was the quite loose parcel shelf so I lined it with neoprene on all contact surfaces but its still there even after taking everything out of the boot. It is only there on roughish road surfaces and goes after approx 40mph but sounds like something solid on solid. Anyone else got any clues what this may be before I take it back to the dealers to find it !??
I have the exact same problem, the car is going in soon for warranty work to fix it. It is the heat shield on the rear silencer apparently, the stealership said they would look at it when they fix the rattle from the drivers door. :?
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
skyscape

Post by skyscape »

Not sure yet but I did wonder about the seats latching tightly onto the locking bars properly as it goes away after about 40mph, but as said yes it could be almost anything and even after removing everything from the bootwell I still get it but I definitely know its not the parcel shelf which I fitted neoprene to all contact surfaces. Have emailed the dealers now to get it brought in for a look at as I dont expect to put up with rattles and creaks from a £25K car from new !

Also saw on here a very similar drivers door rattle so will have to look into that as well, not to mention the trim which is coming away mid point of both rear pillers !

Never had a squeak or rattle from my 2 previous skodas !!
there isnt a problem that cannot be solved by the careful application of high explosives
duncho

Post by duncho »

skyscape wrote:Not sure yet but I did wonder about the seats latching tightly onto the locking bars properly as it goes away after about 40mph, but as said yes it could be almost anything and even after removing everything from the bootwell I still get it but I definitely know its not the parcel shelf which I fitted neoprene to all contact surfaces. Have emailed the dealers now to get it brought in for a look at as I dont expect to put up with rattles and creaks from a £25K car from new !

Also saw on here a very similar drivers door rattle so will have to look into that as well, not to mention the trim which is coming away mid point of both rear pillers !

Never had a squeak or rattle from my 2 previous skodas !!
Time for careful application of high explosives :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
magneticred14

Post by magneticred14 »

Not sure if you have got a fix but I had same issue on mice when new (March '14).
3 visits to the dealer before the fault found...it was a lose washer below the aerial in the void where the roof sun screen folds and the headlining.
Before the fault was finally found we had the exhaust heat shield re-secured, the back seats removed and refitted, all items removed from boot including carpet and spare wheel void items.

The builders of early QQ's really did forget how to screw a car together.
Voy2ek
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Voy2ek »

I have the same problem🤔, haven’t checked the antena yet, but otherwise everything…
Anyone else solve the problem?
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Voy2ek wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:22 pm I have the same problem🤔, haven’t checked the antena yet, but otherwise everything…
Anyone else solve the problem?
Check and report back :roll: