1st service cost

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Draytonlad wrote:I purchased my Qashqai 1.5 DCI last October from a main dealer and paid £299 to cover the next 3 year services.
Alan
I couldn't do that as I purchased via a broker, not a dealership. Saved a fortune on the purchase price so you win some you lose some.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Repairs – including fitting
Select
£269.00
Major Service (Diesel)

Select
£179.00
Minor Service (Diesel)

Select
£30.00
Replace Air Filter

Select
£30.00
Replace Brake Fluid

Select
£65.00
Replace Coolant

Select
£65.00
Replace Fuel Filter

Select
£40.00
Replace Pollen Filter
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

gvmdaddy wrote:
gloucester wrote:More expensive than a petrol engined car though - £20 cheaper when I checked mine.
Does anyone know the reason why?
Could be just that I'm in a cheaper area - services costs will vary throughout the country - won't they?

In fact it's already gone up since I checked three months ago when it was £149.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

gloucester wrote:
gvmdaddy wrote:
gloucester wrote:More expensive than a petrol engined car though - £20 cheaper when I checked mine.
Does anyone know the reason why?
Could be just that I'm in a cheaper area - services costs will vary throughout the country - won't they?

In fact it's already gone up since I checked three months ago when it was £149.
No, should be standard across the country with Nissan Dealerships. Check it out online. Diesel services are nearly always dearer across the industry.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I have - and find you're right - at least at the cross-section of locations I tried. These are noted in the text at http://www.glynhopkin.com/nissan/servic ... vice-care/ as being "from" but appear to be applicable to Qashqais:

Minor

Petrol Models - £159
Diesel Models - £179
EV models (Excluding e-NV200) - £99

Minor Service Includes*: Oil & oil filter, Sump plug, Screenwash

Major

Petrol Models - £249
Diesel Models - £269
EV models (Excluding e-NV200) - £149

Major Service as above plus*: Brake fluid, Air filter, Pollen filter

I see the two-year service includes brake fluid which accounts for quite a bit of the difference. I had to request that in addition on my Skoda (but then I was paying quite a bit less at £139pa).

When I bought my car secondhand in March I asked for a Service Contract but they were charging me £385 for two years saying "you'll save around £100" - I subsequently found out that that was untrue when I looked at their website and found the true cost (excluding price increases) was £149 + £239 = £388 = £3 saved - for letting them have my money for 12/24 months! They did say "it protects you from price increases" as I see has already happened, but I didn't want to be tied to that dealer as I suspect I would have been.

EDIT - I've now found this listing (similar to one earlier in the topic I'd previously missed) at the Shrewsbury dealer's website which wasn't showing at mine:

Major Service (Petrol) - £249
Minor Service (Petrol) - £159

Replace Air Filter - £30
Replace Brake Fluid - £30
Replace Coolant - £65
Replace Pollen Filter - £40
Replace Spark Plugs (Platinum) - £85

In fact brake fluid is pretty cheap - but the pollen filter sounds expensive and the spark plugs very expensive!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Bros

Post by Bros »

Thanks for all the info guys, local Nissan garage will be I am going.
Cheers
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

Hello i reply for your question for the first service. i went to ask how much a first service was in spain and one nissan near me quoted 180euros . another quoted 140 euros, the first service is only an oil and filter change and windscreen washer top up, i made sure mine was empty, in torrevieja i saw the engineer put the correct genuine nissan oil in the engine. mine is a desesel.
in spain included in the service are continued nissan benifits like brakedown pickup spare car for garage work etc. therefore i suggest you are better off being loyal, oh also the gaurantee may be affected. when i went to pay there was no price on the worksheet and i asked how much and why. they replied, when you bought the car you paid for 3years service or 100,000km and also 3 years gaurantee. so it was FREE i knew i had paid for the gaurantee. and at that point for 580euros extended it to 5 years. that i have now paid for. when i was quoted for a service although it was done on computor the nissan didnt know that it was paid for untill i got the zero bill so remsember service may be cheaper elsewhere but in the long run you may be shooting yourself in the foot especially if you contract the aa or rac when its possible you dont need it but im in spain worth checking in britain or where you live ? good luck ps let me know if it is favorable brianthelian
brian
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

ps also all guarantees are transferred to any new owners helps resell?
brian
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

In spain (upto 1 year from purchace) service and guarantees 3 year can be taken out as upto a year old.however, i am told it is cheaper to do it on purchace. allso this 3 year can be used at ANY nissan for eg if you were 1000km from home in spain the nearest nissan can service o work on guarantee free or any other for 3 years if it was taken you are NOT TIED TO the nissan garage that you paid for the three years.
brian
Bros

Post by Bros »

brianthelian wrote:In spain (upto 1 year from purchace) service and guarantees 3 year can be taken out as upto a year old.however, i am told it is cheaper to do it on purchace. allso this 3 year can be used at ANY nissan for eg if you were 1000km from home in spain the nearest nissan can service o work on guarantee free or any other for 3 years if it was taken you are NOT TIED TO the nissan garage that you paid for the three years.
Thank you Brian, this is very useful to know as I did not have a clue as to the options available.
The replies to my original question have been great and I thank all you guys for keeping me right.
All the best
Cheers
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2