Faults or Not

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Can't say that i'm overly impressed by the very latest air-con systems which use the relatively newly introduced HFO1234yf gas which replaces the H134a gas previously used. The latest gas is very much friendlier to the ozone if released into the atmosphere but seems to be far less efficient at heat transfer as far as I can see. It is also potentially flammable if leaked during a serious accident, being a gas that approximates to propane. It also reacts in such circumstances to create a very toxic gas to humans, hydrogen fluoride if I remember correctly.

It is a mandated gas to 'save the environment' though and everyone apart from Mercedes is using it now as far as I know.

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Update ...

The car has been back to the garage. After 1 week they have now done further tests on the aircon. They have said that it was low on gas (150 instead of 500mg apparently). Why an 8 month old car should be low on gas is anyones guess. They said they couldn't find any leaks.

The roof rail caps have been replaced under warrantee as they had the infamous cracking effect on them.

The front sensors have now had the 2 holes drilled in them to stop the erroneous warnings. They also told me they had replaced one of the sensors (not sure why).

Don't think they have done anything about the blind spot warnings. I think that's something that's just got to be lived with!
Teknaman

Post by Teknaman »

Oh dear me...out & about for a run in the QQ with family today. Noticed the Blind Spot indicators lighting up on both sides of the car & occasionally blinking, when there was nothing else anywhere near us...yes it was raining. At least reading this thread will save me another discussion with the dealer. I've also had some issues with my front parking sensors & that was on a damp morning recently. Not happened again over the last few says though.

This forum is a great resource...as most of the issues do seem to have been suffered by others already.
2015 Qashqai 1.6 2wd Dci Tekna Ink Blue with Pano roof...otherwise it's standard spec, so lots of scope for additions.
Deleted User 2899

Lanstrom wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:15 pm Update ...

The car has been back to the garage. After 1 week they have now done further tests on the aircon. They have said that it was low on gas (150 instead of 500mg apparently). Why an 8 month old car should be low on gas is anyones guess. They said they couldn't find any leaks.

The roof rail caps have been replaced under warrantee as they had the infamous cracking effect on them.

The front sensors have now had the 2 holes drilled in them to stop the erroneous warnings. They also told me they had replaced one of the sensors (not sure why).

Don't think they have done anything about the blind spot warnings. I think that's something that's just got to be lived with!
Damn Air Con has stopped working again. I don't use it a lot but do make sure its used a couple of times a week for lubrication of seals so not quite sure when it would have packed in but its only been 16 months since the re-gass and the dealers are saying they will have to charge me for it. If there is a leak or fault found then it will be done under warranty. I would have thought that after just 16 months there would obviously be a fault and there is no way I should have to pay for it !
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Probably a stupid question but did any of you read the Post : "Air Con not very Cold" as this covered a load of the problems. Ours for instance went through a lot of similiar problems and in the end the error was the "Condenser" and it seemed there was a faulty batch. When you start re-gassing with this new Fluid R1234yf it costs an arm and a leg. On inspection of our Condenser there were leaks and black marks showing these. It was replaced and is still working.
Just thought I would raise this again as it might help if you have read this before then sorry - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=47156&hilit ... ems#p47156
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

DaveBerlin wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:43 pm Probably a stupid question but did any of you read the Post : "Air Con not very Cold" as this covered a load of the problems. Ours for instance went through a lot of similiar problems and in the end the error was the "Condenser" and it seemed there was a faulty batch. When you start re-gassing with this new Fluid R1234yf it costs an arm and a leg. On inspection of our Condenser there were leaks and black marks showing these. It was replaced and is still working.
Just thought I would raise this again as it might help if you have read this before then sorry - Dave :)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4122&p=47156&hilit ... ems#p47156
I have read and re-read your posts several times to make sure I understood everything but the problem still remains that when you take it to an official Nissan dealership and you explain your problem they just look at you as if they have NEVER heard of that particular problem before. I mentioned to them about the condenser and they just totally blanked me :(

I have just phoned Nissan Customer Services to ask them if they think 16 months is acceptable time before the regas needs doing. Of course they wouldn't answer and told me I would need to speak to the dealer about that. I was really looking for some armour so that when I go to collect my car and they tell me I owe them £220+vat I could tell them where to go !

ps. Thanks for your postings on this forum. They have been helpful :)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstorm, we are here to help ! Now I have never needed it for the QQ but have you tried the method of sticking your Problem on paper ie an email. NCS will automatically give you a Ref No and then the Dealer should be contacted from NCS to check your QQ, at least that is how it works here.
At present all my documentation (they know I have it) goes to the Dealer and the Service Leader follows it through with NCS - Give it a Try Dave ;)
One Thing I have learned out here is that Paperwork / Facts are important, I have never had such big files and they say here "Fakten Fakten Fakten" - Facts.....
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 2899

Hi Dave

Just got back from the dealers. As I expected they have said No Fault Found and have charged me £264 for the re-gas.

On Tuesday I will phone another dealer for a price just to see if they have ripped me off and then phone Nissan CS to put my complaint it.

The dealership just keep repeating that there is no fault found but a car should NOT need re-gassing every 14 months or so. This is the 3rd time and it's not even 3 years old yet !
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

It does beg the question....... if no fault was found how was the gas escaping????

The issue sounds like the plot of an Agatha Christie novel..... the jewel was stolen but all the doors and windows in the room where the jewel were stolen from were shut and locked!!!!!!

Is the car designed to be re-gassed every 14 months.....I seriously doubt it.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 2899

PJB729 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm It does beg the question....... if no fault was found how was the gas escaping????

The issue sounds like the plot of an Agatha Christie novel..... the jewel was stolen but all the doors and windows in the room where the jewel were stolen from were shut and locked!!!!!!

Is the car designed to be re-gassed every 14 months.....I seriously doubt it.
This is exactly the discussion I will be having with them on Tuesday although I might take Dave's advise and email instead so I have written confirmation.

If the whole process cost £40-£50 quid I would be so bothered but at that price I think it's scandalous !