Stop/ Start

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Jamie2939

Post by Jamie2939 »

can this stop/start thingy be disabled this and the boot not being deep enough to fit my Big Black Tub,i've had since it came out--Tekna
:cry:

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Need to disable it every time you start the ignition, or fit a module made by a forum member, duncho.
jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

Jamie2939 wrote:can this stop/start thingy be disabled this and the boot not being deep enough to fit my Big Black Tub,i've had since it came out--Tekna
:cry:
there are 3 buttons on rhside - stabilty / eco / startstop.

i always set stabilty control and startstop off when starting engine .

re boot space you can remove the floor shelf to make more room , i also remove rear plastic trim which was preventing suitcase access.

8-)
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
switchback

Post by switchback »

jackdaww wrote:
i always set stabilty control and startstop off when starting engine .
I can understand that some people may want to turn off the start-stop(not me as I just ignore it to do what it wants: which it does well), but why turn off the stability control?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Thrall, thanks for your Tip, Firstly I thought it was a Joke :lol: but over the last week once the QQ Temp was up to temperature I started playing with the buttons as you mentioned. I set the temps down to 18/19C and then switched the AC off and all Fan speeds off, today I had the Feet Fan On & Manual Button ON and still the Stop/Start functioned. Needs a bit more playing with I think - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Yesterday travelled about 3 miles, parked up, outside temp 16°C, Motor Temp Indicator just moved and somehow I managed to hit the Heating "ON / OFF" Button, the engine shut down and Stop Start activated. I could not believe this but tried it again when driving back and parked same effect - Never noticed this before - Dave :)

IMG_3428.JPG

IMG_3429.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I don't know how you never noticed it, there's a whopping great red oval around the button. :P
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

:lol: :roll:
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As far as I know the engine/coolant temp has no affect on this operation, its more to do with the charge in the battery and the current that is being drawn at that moment. At least thats how its worked with mine for almost the last 3 years.