Faults or Not

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

I bought an 8 months old Qashqai back in March and since then I have come across a few faults with it so I took it to my local Nissan Garage to have them looked at. They had the car for the whole day and this was the outcome ...

DAB RADIO KEPT REBOOTING AND RANDOMLY GOING SILENT ON ME FOR A FEW SECONDS
They updated the software to the latest which seems to have fixed the problems. I still cant work out why there was a recall on the unit yet I didnt receive a letter despite being registered with Nissan. The mechanic said that letters were still going out and yet the DAB changes were made at the start of August so I am not impressed. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even have known about it.

AIR CON WAS VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT AFTER 30 MINS OF DRIVING
I miraculously managed to find the hottest day of the year to travel down the M5 towards Devon. As the temperature started to get higher it was evident that my Air con wasn't pushing out cold air. Prior to owning my Qashqai I had a Toyota Corolla that was 10 years old and if you put the air con on then it would pretty much freeze your hands off after just a few mins. Anyway, the temp went up and up and pretty soon everyone in the car started feeling ill. I tried the climate control on and off and had the temp turned down to Lo but nothing worked. The fans made more noise as I increased their speed but they didn't get any colder. The outcome of the garage was that they could find NO FAULT. Everything was within spec. Does anyone else think their Air con is absolute rubbish ? It does seem to give out cool air if the ambient temp is about 15c !

PARKING SENSORS
Everytime the car is wet the sodding things go crazy ... BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP. The outcome was that its a "Known Fault" and Nissan are working on it ... see my other post ... viewtopic.php?f=29&p=32499#p32499

BLIND SPOT INDICATORS ILLUMINATE WHEN RAINING
This is another fault that I have seen mentioned in these forums. The outcome at the garage was that they are operating with spec although the mechanic did tell me that he has heard it mentioned before. There is nothing they can do for me if they cant find a "fault".

Just thought I would post the above for any help/feedback from others with similar faults.

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

In order:-

My Radio was pretty much solid but over the last 6 weeks it's started to exhibit the same behaviour as you describe. It's even doing it on FM stations now also. I am, or was at least, on the latest and greatest software. It's on my list of things it needs going back in to check on when i find time to do so.

Aircon is fine on mine so that doesn't sound correct.

Parking sensors on mine (front) were replaced after i got very stroppy about it.
They were full of water when removed and getting to the point they were dangerous as they'd activate every time i touched the brakes or was on any sort of incline.
The Replacements are mostly ok, with just the odd random false positive now. It's still an irritant but miles better than previously.
It's certainly made me consider not having front parking sensors in the future and the fact Nissan have still yet to fix it is bordering on inept.

BSI i don't have (not posh enough) but from everything i've read they are basically useless in the rain and this is a common fault across quite a few car manufacturers.

As to the garage comment.
It's surprising how many forums mentioned most of these things but they've almost always never heard of it...................
Nissan no more...
kendav

Post by kendav »

Crazily, since the car's first service the DAB Radio is having problems locking onto the selected radio satation. It will find it then go silent, then search again as described. It will finally settle onto the selected station but sometines only after the car has been restarted. Now that I understand from the Forum that a software update is around I might check that out with the dealer but since the Radio was perfect before the service I do not see why the Radio is now in a worse state than from new!

The FM band seems stable on the car, at the moment!

However my preffered music is from my USB stick, no adverts and the RDS traffic messages still cut in!
ivelina

Post by ivelina »

My car is now 18 months old, during which time I have had quite a few minor and major problems with it. I will save you the rant but thought it interesting to read about the aircon, as mine is not working either! At first I thought I was imagining it, even asked other passengers if they were feeling the cold or not. But then eventually owned up to the fact that it is not working (never ever, not even in the first 30 minutes, like you are suggesting). It definitely used to work - last summer, I used it quite a few times, and to help clear the windows. But having spent so long at the garage, knowing how useless they are and how annoyed they appear every time they see me, I decided that I would just do without aircon for now. Mind you, mine is a company car, so I would not be that relaxed about it if I had paid my own good money for it, and knew I would have to drive it longer than the 1.5 years left on the lease hire.
My parking sensors have never been replaced but I am now used to (and even expect them) to beep on in torrential rain. They go back to normal when they dry up.
Blind spot indicators are useless, to be honest, in a country where it rains or drizzles most of the time. I think it even says in the manual that they are not reliable when it is raining - and it is true that they light up and beep with nothing around at all. Makes you learn to ignore tham and then when they do beep when they should, you won't pay attention!
I have had no problems with the radio, apart from once when there was no sound at all coming from the speakers. It sorted itself out after a cold engine start.

Lanstrom wrote:I bought an 8 months old Qashqai back in March and since then I have come across a few faults with it so I took it to my local Nissan Garage to have them looked at. They had the car for the whole day and this was the outcome ...

DAB RADIO KEPT REBOOTING AND RANDOMLY GOING SILENT ON ME FOR A FEW SECONDS
They updated the software to the latest which seems to have fixed the problems. I still cant work out why there was a recall on the unit yet I didnt receive a letter despite being registered with Nissan. The mechanic said that letters were still going out and yet the DAB changes were made at the start of August so I am not impressed. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even have known about it.

AIR CON WAS VIRTUALLY NON-EXISTENT AFTER 30 MINS OF DRIVING
I miraculously managed to find the hottest day of the year to travel down the M5 towards Devon. As the temperature started to get higher it was evident that my Air con wasn't pushing out cold air. Prior to owning my Qashqai I had a Toyota Corolla that was 10 years old and if you put the air con on then it would pretty much freeze your hands off after just a few mins. Anyway, the temp went up and up and pretty soon everyone in the car started feeling ill. I tried the climate control on and off and had the temp turned down to Lo but nothing worked. The fans made more noise as I increased their speed but they didn't get any colder. The outcome of the garage was that they could find NO FAULT. Everything was within spec. Does anyone else think their Air con is absolute rubbish ? It does seem to give out cool air if the ambient temp is about 15c !

PARKING SENSORS
Everytime the car is wet the sodding things go crazy ... BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP. The outcome was that its a "Known Fault" and Nissan are working on it ... see my other post ... viewtopic.php?f=29&p=32499#p32499

This is another fault that I have seen mentioned in these forums. The outcome at the garage was that they are operating with spec although the mechanic did tell me that he has heard it mentioned before. There is nothing they can do for me if they cant find a "fault".

Just thought I would post the above for any help/feedback from others with similar faults.
New Qashqai, 1.6 DCI Tekna, registered March 2014, 22500 miles on the clock
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

Fact:
The camera at the back is used for blind spot detection.
Theory:
During rain big drops of water come loose form the camera housing resulting in a false alarm.
Maybe a different shape around the camera to direct the water in a different direction, will reduce the faults of this error prone system.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
COACHSWIN

Post by COACHSWIN »

Nissan sales bumf says that the Blind Spot Warning is one of 8 different systems which work together to build your confidence and keep you on top of your surroundings at all times - mine gives so many false readings when wet, that I have had to turn it off on safety grounds. The MD's office after a prolonged correspondence states " I can confirm that what you have observed is not a technical or design fault. I can confirm that what you have observed is as it should be. As such, it is not something we would change or remove." - unbelievable that a major car group can be so complacent about one of its safety systems which does not work when wet. I am still on the case!
Parking sensors - false warnings appear to have been resolved after many months. The main dealer drilled drainage holes in the sensors to let the water escape (and presumably prevent ice in winter). The is a a pretty high tech solution!! This 'fix' was issued to dealers some months ago
David
Deleted User 2899

Well the outside temp went up to 21c yesterday and I can confirm that once again the air con failed miserably. I had it set to Lo with fans on full blast which caused a lot of noise and yet still very little cold air. To call it mildly cool would be generous!

I thought that if I set it to 16c with Auto climate control on that might give it a change but it was still pathetic.

I am at a complete loss with this now the garage has said its within specs so I don't know what to do now :(
jamiroQQ

Post by jamiroQQ »

Our 1.6 Tekna D auto is not the best air con around,,but I do find that switching to Re circulate does help.
A Stocks
Deleted User 2899

I will try that next time thanks. Does the air get a bit muggy after a while though ?
fat controller

Post by fat controller »

This is very odd, because one of the first things that Mrs C and I both noticed was how good the climate control was compared with the Audi's - the car seems to cool much faster (even with the pano-roof cover open), and the temperature display seems to be more realistic/accurate. We find 19º is about right for us.

The A4 had two settings - roast your cobs off, or freeze to the chair, and the latter was only available for about two months after its annual re-gas.
1.5dci Acenta Premium
Wishlist: Autofold Mirrors, Chrome body trim and Metal sill protectors;