1st service cost

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Bros

Post by Bros »

Hello all,
Just wondering, approx what is the cost of the first service of my QQ 1.5dci 2015, due 1st Oct. mileage at the minute is 10,850mls.
Will I be better going to Nissan main dealer or local garage who say they can do the same job with proper parts a fair bit cheaper.
I have no issue paying the proper money as long as the proper service and checks gets done.
I have heard previously (not Nissan) that allegedly main dealers may not do a proper service and checks as they say they do.
I personally find this unbelievable, just wondering what you guys think.
I want a service that is properly done and do not mind paying for this.

Any recommendations for central Scotland

Thanks for any replies
Cheers
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Have you tried looking at the local dealers' websites? Mine has an online booking system that quotes costs.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bros, I am a great believer in using the Nissan Service as when you buy a new car and pay good money for it you need IMHO to make sure you get the correct service, price and what is important these days is the Service Check List Details, Service Book Service Stamp & Signature and the Stamp for the Paint / Body Check. We have used Nissan Service on all of our cars since 2006 and luckily had no hiccups. The question is with none Nissan Garages is what Service, Quality, Oil and the quality of the replaced parts used. Regarding the costs as mentioned these are set standard cost by Nissan and your Dealer can supply this to you before you decide which way to go - just my opinion quaranteed other members have other opinions That's Life ! - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bros

Post by Bros »

DaveBerlin wrote:Bros, I am a great believer in using the Nissan Service as when you buy a new car and pay good money for it you need IMHO to make sure you get the correct service, price and what is important these days is the Service Check List Details, Service Book Service Stamp & Signature and the Stamp for the Paint / Body Check. We have used Nissan Service on all of our cars since 2006 and luckily had no hiccups. The question is with none Nissan Garages is what Service, Quality, Oil and the quality of the replaced parts used. Regarding the costs as mentioned these are set standard cost by Nissan and your Dealer can supply this to you before you decide which way to go - just my opinion quaranteed other members have other opinions That's Life ! - Dave ;)
Thanks for that Dave.
The cost doesn't really matter tbh.
It's just I heard that from an independent mechanic that a lot of the time main dealers do not what they say they do.
That said if you end up with a mechanical problem due to the service I would imagine you would be well covered.
I was wondering if anyone else had heard any similar stories, I do find it hard to believe what that mechanic told me.
Cheers
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

There are inevitably good garages and inevitably bad garages. You shouldn't "tar them all with the same brush".

That said I wasn't at all impressed by the Nissan dealer I bought my car from - in terms of sorting out the delivery issues.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Nissan Dealerships set price £179 minor, £269 major. Your first is a minor. Guarenteed courtesy car if required, 1 year Roadside Assist included free, free software updates if applicable, free video of the underside and walk round of your car sent to your email to show work that may need doing. At tgat price its a no brainer.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

More expensive than a petrol engined car though - £20 cheaper when I checked mine.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

gloucester wrote:More expensive than a petrol engined car though - £20 cheaper when I checked mine.
Does anyone know the reason why?
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bros, I just put a post together and lost it so here it is again - German cost - Dave :)

I have just checked out our 1st Service Cost for our Petrol 1,2 QQ and the breakdown cost was as follows :
Nissan Service Plan £51 / Nissan Rental £19 / Lubricants £7 / Tax £14 Total = £91

Our Service did not include an Oil Change as we had this done up front :
Oil Change Labour £26 / Oil Filter £12 / Seal Ring £1 / Oil 5W40 £50 / Tax £17 Total = £106

When you compare this to gvmdaddy's cost ( - the Nissan Rental) the cost is the same, sometimes it is thrown in free but the QQ does get an Auto Wash which I suppose is on the Plus side.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Draytonlad

Post by Draytonlad »

I purchased my Qashqai 1.5 DCI last October from a main dealer and paid £299 to cover the next 3 year services.
Alan