Want a 7-year warranty? Buy your Qashqai in Cyprus!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I was intrigued to discover that the QQ apparently has a 7-year or 150,000 km (90,000 miles) warranty. We get 3 years or 100,000 km (60,000 miles).

I suppose Cyprus isn't very big so high annual mileage isn't expected.

There are five models: Energy, Acenta, Acenta+, SV1, and Tekna. The only engines offered are the petrol 1.2 and the diesel 1.6.

See http://nissan.com.cy.nmsrv.com/crossove ... i/details/
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, I nearly put our place up for sale and got tickets to fly to Cyprus when I saw your post - nice offer :D . When you read the Nissan Cyprus Web the 7 years is the normal 3 years + 4 years for the Engine & Gearbox (2nd Paragraph), but still a nice find and deal - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound

Post by Hound »

Dave, that's a bit naughty then because when you look at the bottom of the models list, all it says is "7 years warranty or 150,000 km"

warranty.jpg

We'd better unpack the suitcases!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, that was exactly my point but I did not want to sound critical. Could be called Confusing ! - Dave :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

My New'ish QQ is a Cyprus Import. I wonder if the warranty transfers to the UK, I bet it don't.
Milner Off Road

Post by Milner Off Road »

Hey guys,

We have done a bit of digging for you and have contacted Nissan regarding this.

We originally asked "If people were to purchase their Qashqai's from Cyprus, would their warranty still apply for 7 years, or would the import change it to the UK's warranty? And, if the warranty was to still be 7 years after it was imported to the UK, would customers have to send their Qashqai back to Cyprus if they have any problem's or would it still be covered in the UK?"

To which we got this response: "Well, that would be only applicable in Cyprus. As far as the UK is concerned, the warranty duration would stay 3 years and less than 60 000 miles. So if the vehicle was to be registered in the UK, the warranty duration would be 3years and less than 60 000 miles. And it is a Pan-European warranty, so warranty claims can be made in any European country".

We then asked, "What would happen if someone bought a Qashqai in the UK and then were to move to Cyprus and registered the car there would it then extend to 7 years?"

Which got the following response: "No. It would have to respect the original 3yrs warranty, vice versa."

I hope this helps clear things up. Also a big thank you to Augustine at Nissan.
Suppliers of high-quality Nissan Qashqai parts for the J10E and JJ10E. http://www.milneroffroad.com/nissan/qashqai
Hound

Post by Hound »

Interesting, thanks!

Hardly Kia warranty standard, is it? ;)