J11 parking sensor issues when raining

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Alter, thanks for your feedback perhaps we are getting near to a conclusion. I am still going to let our Nissan Dealer (our Guarantee is only until Aug) install new Sensors this week as there might well be a modification. Our weather conditions are the same as yours at present. Hopefully there will still be some cold weather around to TEST these out although the indication is our temps are rising. I will update the Forum on what we find - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it gets more confusing, today was -7°C and not a B_ _ _ _ _ Beep from the Alarms. But yesterday I did clean and polish the QQ so whether that has had an effect on the Sensors - no idea ! - Dave :o
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
GrahamB

Post by GrahamB »

This happened to me in rain last weekend. Front sensors were continuously activated for about five minutes.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Had the New Sensors installed this morning. I asked if these were new or a modified design but they appear not to be. The number I have corresponds with the Nos discussed on the original previous posts from years ago 2014 (see below). The No. I got from the Store Guy was #284384EA1E Sensor PDC Black (for interest the cost for 2x is €207) and this number corresponds with the old posts, but the Tech said "wink wink nod nod" we have drilled a hole in them (re Nissan) but these I cannot see so I assume the hole is internal and the water runs to the rear - so will have see how it goes Dave :)

If anybody has interest in the History these are the previous posts :

"Parking Sensors" viewtopic.php?f=29&t=724&hilit=Front+Se ... =60#p25014
Open this post you will see an old photo with a drilled hole.

"Electronic Errors" viewtopic.php?f=29&t=656&p=6604&hilit=F ... sors#p6598