J11 parking sensor issues when raining

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
psmith83

Post by psmith83 »

Does anyone have parking sensor issues when it rains on their J11? When I am in 1st gear, even if stationary at a junction, often my front sensors (one of the two middle ones) identifies something, bleeps and shows red on the dash. This happens even if I have nothing in front of me. I have made sure it isn't dirt but as this only happens when it is raining it doesn't seem to be.

Anyone have any suggestions other than return it to the dealer?

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Early J11 cars have suffered from water ingress on the parking sensors. Later versions seem to have the problem solved. Use the search facility on tge forum as its been disussed loads.
psmith83

Post by psmith83 »

Mine is a March 15 registration do don't know if this is classed as an early J11 version.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

You're probably at the tail end of the sensors with the problems, but check some other posts that should give you a better idea. Just keep your eye on things as you've still got plenty warranty time remaining yet.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Plenty to read...
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=724
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

I've had this since purchased but was more concerned with the air con issue, now thankfully exchanged.
On taking car home after the air con replacement the front parking sensor went mad. No rain and beeping at every stop eg traffic lights.
Booked in the Car dealer who 'said' there was nothing wrong. It didn't happen again. Whilst there on pressing the point they did admit there was an issue with some of their customers. It was a known problem but Nissan say it's not a warranty thing and as soon as there is a 'fix' it will be sorted. I tried to get through to Nissan to at least get a reference number so I would be covered by the warranty even when the car passes its 3rd year, but got so fed up with waiting , I gave up.
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ian, can I make a suggestion. We have had a Micra / Note / Juke and now a QQ and in all cases where we have had problems I have put the problem in writing with pics if needed and forwarded them by email to NCS. It is worthwhile for Guarantee Issues that it is all documented. In our case in Germany to germany@nissan-services.eu then you should receive an NCS No. and they should then contact the Dealer, it has always worked for us and I do also telephone as well when the No. is confirmed (yup I can be a pain) - Dave ;)
Give NCS a go I think this is correct : gb@nissan-services.eu
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jerry1

Post by Jerry1 »

Mine has also just started doing this - registered April 2015.
Also, seems to be rain shower induced.
2015 Tekna 1.6dCi in Pearl Black (plus Brink/Thule detachable towbar)
Coupe racing

Post by Coupe racing »

Mine is a 66 plate and the front sensors are playing up
Oct 2016 - Qashqai 1.5DCi N - Connecta - Pearl Black Metallic
Aug 2016 - Qashqai 1.2 DID-T Acenta with Premium Pack - Gun Metallic Grey
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Iandee wrote:Nissan say it's not a warranty thing and as soon as there is a 'fix' it will be sorted.
That line makes me laugh ! They told me they were "working on a fix" back in September 2015. I guess it will arrive with all the new apps for the Connect system ;-)

They actually ended up drilling 2 small holes in the bottom of my front bumper (to let the water out) and that seems to have helped a lot but just lately it has been doing it again (although not as often as it used to).