Which QQ

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
oligopoly

Post by oligopoly »

Hi guys,

I took a used 1.6 QQ for a test-drive last week and loved it, so I think it's the car for me.

I do around 25,000 miles per year - half are motorway cruising and half around town.

My budget is probably £11k (i'd love to stretch myself to £13/£14k to consider the newer style QQ but don't think it's sensible, money-wise).

I want the sunroof, so ideally Tekna, but N-tec or 360 otherwise...

Would you say the 1.6 Diesel sounds the best fit?

Thanks in advance.

oligopoly

Post by oligopoly »

Anyone!?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

To be perfectly honest you'll get views from both sides of the camp. Ultimately the decision has to be made by yourself. There are no right or wrong answers im afraid, its all down to personal taste, finances, proposed usage etc.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I think any of the deisels would be better than petrol as your milage is high, just as long as you dont need to venture into the new city zones that are going to cost a packet to enter.
oligopoly

Post by oligopoly »

Daewar wrote:I think any of the deisels would be better than petrol as your milage is high, just as long as you dont need to venture into the new city zones that are going to cost a packet to enter.
The latter won't be relevant, so I think it sounds like Diesel is best.

Do we think the prices of the 14 and onwards model are about to drop with news of the new 18 style QQ?
oligopoly

Post by oligopoly »

Daewar wrote:I think any of the deisels would be better than petrol as your milage is high, just as long as you dont need to venture into the new city zones that are going to cost a packet to enter.
The latter won't be relevant, so I think it sounds like Diesel is best.

Do we think the prices of the 14 and onwards model are about to drop with news of the new 18 style QQ?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Unless you regularly tow a heavy load then go for the 1.5dci. Its quieter, more refined, more economical and cheaper to buy. I think youll have to wait a while longer yet if you want a high spec car for the price you've suggested.
oligopoly

Post by oligopoly »

gvmdaddy wrote:Unless you regularly tow a heavy load
I don't, no.
gvmdaddy wrote:then go for the 1.5dci. Its quieter, more refined, more economical and cheaper to buy.
It's quite a bit slower though, no? I've read the 1.5 feels a bit gutless ?
gvmdaddy wrote:I think youll have to wait a while longer yet if you want a high spec car for the price you've suggested.
http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... romSA=true
http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... romSA=true
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

oligopoly, certainly not gutless at all. It is a very capable car. Its not a sports car, neither is it a workhorse, it is a really good family car.
The links you posted are for the older J10 QQ and based on those prices you'll probably have to wait between 1 and 2 years to get a high spec J11for around the same.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

have you thought about getting a brand new one on PCH? personnaly, I'd be very wary of buying a 4 year old car and expecting it to run well at that sort of mileage you're looking at. Think previous owner - low mileage could equal dpf problems, for example