Nissan Qashqai Facelift

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

There's another video I've come across. This time it's with the Chief Marketing General Manager for Crossover Vehicles at Nissan.

It's just a quick guided tour of the new features of the facelifted Qashqai.

Apparently, the customers wanted an improved user interface so there is now an icon display on the infotainment/Connect system. No mention of Apple's CarPlay/Android Auto.

Also, there are two memory functions for the front seats which link with the door mirrors (guessing for the Tekna models?).

The video is here: https://youtu.be/poQYn7X30DQ

New Connect with icon display.png

New Connect with icon display #2.png

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here we go just to clarify the Points mentioned - Dave ;)
Vortex Generators from Below and the different Valances Front & Rear :

IMG_3444.JPG

IMG_3435.JPG

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG

IMG_3445.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

A few variations there then!
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

They are unlike any vortex generators I have ever seen, and ive seen a lot as I work in Aerospace. These appears to be far to sharp, even F1 vortex generators have far rounder appearance to keep the airflow smooth and laminar.

Here is a pic or 2 Image

In fact they look so sharp I cant see any car being allowed on the road with them, as they could cause additional injury in accidents. These ones look like they came out of the film MadMax or Death race 2000.
DaveBerlin wrote:Here we go just to clarify the Points mentioned - Dave ;)
Vortex Generators from Below and the different Valances Front & Rear :
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Daewar wrote:...they look so sharp I cant see any car being allowed on the road with them, as they could cause additional injury in accidents.
Could they be rubber, to avoid that problem? Or would a flexible material not perform properly as a vortex generator?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I would have thought that rubber would be to flexible considering the thickness of what I would describe as Sharks Teath. These look like plastic that can be very rigid, but in being rigid they become brittle & also sharp. It would be good to see some more pictures to see if these are on production cars.
Hound wrote:
Daewar wrote:...they look so sharp I cant see any car being allowed on the road with them, as they could cause additional injury in accidents.
Could they be rubber, to avoid that problem? Or would a flexible material not perform properly as a vortex generator?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Before we start criticising these "Vortex Generators" perhaps we should wait and see what they are like and if Nissan have made them rigid or flexible. I only made the comment and posted the information after reading several articles (see one attached) and looking at the various photos available which show these "Ribs" so I only assumed these were pre-production models - we will see soon enough Dave :(

Just for your information from Car Magazine :

IMG_3451.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Im not even convinced that these are the vortex generators, as they are described as 'golf ball like' in appearance, and these certainly look nothing like a golf ball.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

"Golf-ball like surface" - i.e. dimpled

I discovered the new indicators elsewhere and then came on here to find a better video - great!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bullyboy / Paul, we have had an answer from our Salesguy and it looks like the 1,6L will not have the X-Tronic therefore only on the 1,2L DIG-T Model. From what I have seen the Existing QQ is now called the J11A and the Facelift QQ J11B. Marketing introduction End July / August time and Price Information End July and the Tekna + is around the €34,600 (UK 30,000) cost. I have been looking if Air Con is included in the Rear but it appears the answer is no, which I find funny as I looked at the New Pulsar and from the N-Connecta up, this had Air Con behind the Centre Armrest (see photo) - Dave ;)

IMG_1924.PNG