Nissan Self Working tools

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
4rd2qash

Post by 4rd2qash »

Hi Guys,

New to the forums! I am considering a QQ+2, I am looking also at what tools I can use with the car to get the best out of it.

Currently I own a ford, and there are two tools (windows based primarily giving the most flexibility) which are phenomenal in their achievements:

1) FORSCAN

Buying a £15 off the shelf ELM Cable (better modified for high and medium speed CAN bus) allows me to run a thorough diagnostic across all modules on the car, everything from restraints system, brakes system, instrument panel and the general diagnostics of the overall cars health.

2) ELMCONFIG

Using the same cable/s I can open ELMConfig, and I can tweak the car settings, to enable functionality, such as adding cruise control (when the hardware is upgraded in the car) or tweaking the time for "home safe lights" all the way through to enabling or disabling all manner of functionality available on higher specification cars, which may not be available per standard from the factory on that model.

For all intents and purposes, these tools prevent the need to go spend money at dealers, allowing self diagnosis and tweaking of software to get the absolute best out of the car!

Do Nissan owners have such tools?