Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades Fitting Problem

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
starseven

Post by starseven »

I've just tried to fit some Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades, A293S (front pair of wipers) and I'm having trouble getting them on.

I took the old ones off easy enough (squeeze the sides to release then lift off the arm) and fit the old ones in reverse - but they won't go on.

The squeezy sides don't reach a point where they open up again after being squeezed together, they seem to be too short. I can't see a way to attach the top of the blade to the arm any lower down.

I've got the old ones back on now, they're a doddle to put on - which makes me think these Bosch ones might not be right. I erred on the side of caution when buying, using the reg number on Euro Car Parts, and the box confirms they are right for a March 13 reg.

Also tried to change the rear wiper blade, but managed to snap the bit off where the blade attaches to the arm. Came off still stuck in the wiper blade. Why are they such a pain?!

Anyone know how to get these blades on?

Thanks

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

What Bosch state on their website for the J10 model is the A292S I am not sure how the installation works but it looks different to the J11 Wipers. I can only suggest you take a look in the Bosch Website where you can find installation videos for each type of Wiper such as attached here - Dave ;)

https://youtu.be/Py8MSiHwC30
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I wouldn't trust what eurocarparts.com says. They were listing the wrong battery for my Fabia vRS and I'm sure some of the bulbs listed for the Qashqai are wrong. However I did get some Bosch wipers blades from them which look OK - I bought them for reserves when needed - haven't used them yet.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

The Aerotwin blades I put on my J10 were AM15U and AM 24U. AP15 and AP24 work as well, some sites say 16 inch and 24 inch, which probably can just fit. They wipe well. Some months since I fitted them so I don't remember details, but if you have the right blades, then persevere. Good luck! On the rear of the package, there may be one of those fuzzy squares that your mobile can interpret to produce fitting instructions.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
starseven

Post by starseven »

thanks guys, i ended up getting a refund from Euro Car Parts, then buying in Halfords and paying for them to fit the blades (in case they weren't right).

Turned out the front 2 were right (i still can't work out how he got them on!) but the rear was wrong, so he took it back in and came back with the right one. Drove away with all the wipers sorted. Much easier than messing about waiting for online orders to be delivered etc. Lost man points but saved time!
DD41

Post by DD41 »

I always fit valeo never had a problem. ;)
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel