Quashqai air con problems

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Kids-financier

Post by Kids-financier »

Hi,
further to previous posts ive read has there been any information regarding regular air con problems with the quashqai model, we have a 2014 model which following its final service of the 3 year plan came back and within a few days later when we tried the air con it failed to work. Obviously this was a few days out of warranty and after googling this it seems like many have had similar problems, id have thought Nissan would recognise this is an issue and carried out an investigation. Ive been quoted £150 for a recharge which looking at previous post's may not be the problem and dont want to waste money when the seemingly sub standard condenser could be the problem,
Thanks in advance

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

It looks like you have read all the posts and in short it does look like there was a bad batch of Condensers that hit problems and especially 2014 models as ours was. It looks to me that the Standard comment or procedure is to re-charge the system which naturally now costs big bucks due to the new R1234yf fluid. If the Condenser is leaking as ours was what is the point of keep on refilling it. Unfortunately the only way is through the Dealer or complaining in writing or phoning NCS. All I can say is here the Dealer reacted and so did NCS and ours was renewed and is as mentioned this week still working. As you were only just over the Nissan 3 year period the Dealer could be a bit lenient or even NCS might react out of good will - Give it a try Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Kids-financier

Post by Kids-financier »

Hi Dave,
thanks we will try that with them. The dealer we bought the car from is going to try the first option of charging it and seeing if that's successful and then approaching Nissan. To be honest prior to the cars final service and still in warranty the air con was working but we didn't need it until a few days later when it had packed up and warranty expired so fingers crossed. We have had a few quality control issues with the car which they are aware of so hopefully good will will prevail,
Paul
hotshotbarry
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by hotshotbarry »

Hi , hope this helps. I had the same prob. with 65 plate quashqai , 1 week ago went through all the would have to pay charge for investigation, [ £60 ] would have to pay for re-charge etc. etc. etc. usual wear & tear story , [ 3,200 miles on clock ] should have turned it on for 10 minutes every week. Told them i would not be paying anything when i took it in , 18 month old , 3 year warranty ridiculous .
Anyway took it in This week , totally different attitude , told it was a fault with the condensors and they had had a lot in with same fault , wasn't told this last week , so they did know this was an on-going prob. Anyway , no arguments , told this would be done under warranty.
Seems that Nissan have now recognised this is a big prob. with the condensors and are instructing dealers to do a condensor replacement under warranty. , wonder if they will do a re-call ?
Why do dealers make it hard for customers when they know this is a prob. , seems they will try and get you to pay if they can.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Glad yours is going to get sorted. Sadly this sort of customer service is why I just sold mine. Good luck
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

:roll: :roll: Just purchased '14 plate Acenta petrol. Aircon not working on the day I picked it up, (despite having been ticked as working on the pre sales check list) - much to the salesmans distress and embarrassment. Regassed straight away. It worked for eight days and stopped again, during the hottest few days so far this year! I had to book in via the service department for a diagnostic - six days wait. Found to have a leaking condenser. Another five days wait.
Now fitted with new condenser, under warranty, not charge - of course. I am a bit worried about other 'ticked boxes' on pre sales check list.........time will tell, I suppose.
C - (London).
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Addition to above.
Forgot to mention, it was Ancaster main dealership. Wiper blades were knackered as well!
Love the car though.
C.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Glad you got a good result. Ancaster was my local dealer as well and sadly poor on the service side.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof