Auto engine off issue

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
rajkm

Post by rajkm »

Dear

I have recently bought qashqai ntec plus xtronic 1.6 automatic. 

It is used to auto engine off when I stop at traffic lights or traffic. It is working until yesterday. 

But it is not happening now.

Is there anything wrong? How do I make it to happen? 

Regards 

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

It doesn't work all the time. Your battery must be holding a full charge and other conditions must be met. Don't worry, the car is doing what it should be doing.
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

there are lots, and I mean lots, of conditions that need to come into play for it to stop. The heater or AC being on and getting the internal temp to whatever you have set it are usually the biggies.
Some people think using a USB device drawing power and speakers can cause it.

You can stop and then start turning things off one by one to see what kicks it in, I've had times where sat at lights and the engine hasn't stopped, so I've turned off AC and it instantly stops. Yet I've had other times where at the end of a long motorway journey when getting home, it hasn't stopped, I've turned off AC/radio/everything and it still doesn't stop, yet the following morning it does it every time at every stop.

Personally, I think its down to the weather ;)
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

If you use search box (top left of page) and look for "stop start issue", you'll find nearly 2000 threads on this.
You could do with adding your model details\year in your signature area & your location.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Personally I like this function and the ability to turn it off/on.
It's something I usually set depending on the journey, for e.g if I'm going to be driving a route that takes me through an area that I know I will have to keep stopping for 30 seconds or more, then I have it on. If I'm on a route that involves roundabouts or give way junctions then I switch it off, because it can be slightly annoying if the engine stops just has you want to move off.
If it's on just let it do its own thing and don't worry about it.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.