New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
lg9zr

Post by lg9zr »

Afternoon everyone. I have been viewing this forum for a while and thought I should really post something. I have a bronze N Connecta 1.6Dci Xtronic due for delivery on 02.05.16. Looking forward to getting the new car as I have had a '53 plate RAV4 for seven years and it's way overdue for replacement.

I am reasonably confident that I have made the right choice but guess I'm suffering from pre-del nerves. In your learned opinion, will I get the quantum leap feeling when the new car arrives?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome; perhaps a previous RAV driver could detail their experience of switching from the T brand to the N one :)
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. I think you should find you made the right choice. Hope the pick up goes well
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Gel wrote:Welcome; perhaps a previous RAV driver could detail their experience of switching from the T brand to the N one :)
Been there myself and what a pity I could not afford to get the new RAV instead of the QQ.
The T brand's after market support and built quality compared to the N brand's are light years ahead.
Nevertheless the QQ is economical to drive and looks absolutely gorgeous, so provided that you are fully aware that you are actually downgrading, I am sure you will love the QQ!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
lg9zr

Post by lg9zr »

Thanks for your insight. Interesting word "downgrade", you've never met my RAV have you?

A new RAV was on the shortlist but I'm a sucker for curvy lookers and the Qashqai is the better looker, in my unlearned opinion anyway.

I'll be interested to see how customer service compares.
lg9zr

Post by lg9zr »

Just a quick note, took possession of my N Connecta yesterday morning and have been impersonating a Cheshire cat :D ever since. Have only run up about 60 miles but have been very impressed so far.

As for my earlier question? Yep definitely a nice difference to the outgoing RAV.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Welcome, and glad to hear you're enjoying the new QQ!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
tonto

Post by tonto »

I HAVE HAD MY 1.2 TEKNA CVT FOR JUST OVER A YEAR & FOUND IT OKAY, APART FROM THE BUZZER BOX FOR THE SENSORS GOING & THE DAB UPDATE NO PROBLEMS ,HOWEVER COMING FROM A TOYOTA PRIUS TO THE NISSAN DEALERSHIP HAS BEEN A DOWNGRADE, IN TERMS OF CUSTOMER SATISFACTION TOYOTA ARE STREETS AHEAD OF NISSAN.WHICH IS A SHAME AS THE QASHQIA IS A GREAT CAR.
WE HAVE NOW PURCHASED A TOYOTA RAV 4 HYBRID IN ECLIPSE BLACK WHICH WE EXPECT TO ARRIVE SOMETIME THIS MONTH.WE HAVE HAD 4 TOYOTAS BEFORE & LOOK FORWARD TO GOING BACK TO A DEALER WHO CARES ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS.