Hello from Panama

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
TomInPanama

Post by TomInPanama »

Picking up our 2016 J11 next week.
Its at the dealer waiting. They are tinting all the windows, including windscreen, installing folding side mirrors & wifi rear mirror. I may have them install the NAV/DVD stereo. Not sure yet.

Color is Nightshade. It is the top of the line here in Panama called "Advance". We only have 3 trim levels. Basic, Limited & Advance.
Has 2.0L petrol engine, 4x4, 19" alloys, leather interior, panoramic roof, backup camera.

I am a disabled veteran(USAF) from the USA living here as an Expat. My son is a drummer and we have 3 year old daughter about to start dance class and school.

As for an modifying. Only plans are some kind of mild tune to get the torque output up a bit. Also a space saver subwoofer.
I also have a 2001 BMW 740i Sport that is pretty heavily modified. Its going to be a big change. Image

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome - interesting how specs differ around the world - what's a "WiFi mirror"?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
TomInPanama

Post by TomInPanama »

The rear view mirror inside the car has 4G LTE wifi for up to 5 devices. Offered through Nissan Global(AutoNet I think) & is satellite based not antenna. So it works everywhere.

Everything is contained in the rear view mirror, including.... a monitor (for back up camera) . There are apps from Nissan that do virtually everything. Only thing I think you CANNOT do is start the car.
I can go back to the dealer on Monday to take pics and video of the mirror. Its a really smart unit.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Tom and welcome to the Forum. Your QQ is looking nice and it appears that you have some interesting plans for it. As Gloucester mentioned there appears to be a wide range of different specs from Nissan around the world inc the 2,0 L motor. If you have some time it would most probably be interesting for the members to give some more information on the mirror, it's functions and the Nissan Apps available. Over your side of the world the "Fully Loaded" term comes into play, I always visit a Nissan Dealer in Clearwater, Florida each year just to see what is available - it makes your mouth water in comparison to the European Specs - So enjoy your time with your QQ - Dave ;)
This is our little 1,2L DIG-T Tekna QQ for interest :

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Here in the UK that equivalent spec would also include the satnav unit. Rear windows have darkened privacy glass, whereas the fronts and the windscreen are lightly smoked, not as dark. Any further tinting would be illegal over here..interested to see your future posts about tye wifi rearview mirror though.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, do you think Tinting the Front Screen will affect the Electrically heated screen if installed (Tom did not mention that). The Law is exactly the same in Germany for front and side window tinting - it is just not on. When you see the cars in the US you have to be careful as you never know who is behind the Tint. My wife is adamant in Florida, definitely No Signs, Windows Down or Rage - Just keep smiling Dave :D
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Welcome aboard the good ship QQ; there's another member of the forum from Panama too :)
see:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2969&p=30669&hilit=panama#p30669

You can send him a message via the forum by clicking on his name.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DavwBerlin, I suppose the tinting of the windscreen would affect the operation of the heating element embedded in the screen itself.
The heating element creates heat which is transferred to the windscreen glass then on to whatever is touching the glass, be it ice on the outsside or condensation or plasti film (stickers) on the inside.
The idea of the element is to clear the screen of ice on the outside, not as some people suggest to clear the internal condensation, that is the job of the heater and aircon. Obviously if the heat from the element is being conducted both inwards and outwards then its efficiency is going to be compromised.
All that said, whats the likelihood of a windscreen being iced up in Panama?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

In 2014 our friends in the US bought a Chevrolet Traverse SUV and they had the option of the 4G LTE installed but it did cost them on a monthly basis, but it did seem to function very well.

Here are some facts : http://www.chevrolet.com/4g-lte-in-car-wifi.html

Here are also some facts on what appears to be the Nissan System : http://www.nissanwifi.com/.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

TomInPanama

Post by TomInPanama »

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dBQdINQn4XE [/youtube]

edit

I cannot get the youtube code to work, so you have to click the link