New owner!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

How do's!

We've just purchased a 63 1.5 dci acenta in white.

Done 19000 and been well looked after so hoping she's good to us :D

Just worrying about the dpf! Its the missis's run about and she rarely goes on long journeys so im aware i will have to give it a blast every 2 weeks down motorway but does fuel choice make a difference? Always used supermarket fuel in our 06 golf tdi but keep getting told to use v power or ultimate to keep dpf healthy

Test drove the 1.6 petrol for the obvious reason but it was horrible!

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

IIRC, 20 minutes at 2500rpm once per month is a "rule of thumb". Or, of course a long motorway run. I don't know whether using the premium fuels makes any difference but privately I suspect not.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Fuel makes no difference, get out there and enjoy it.
switchback

Post by switchback »

This might be useful.................

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answe ... -journeys-
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Just wondering what the obvious reason was for test driving the 1.6 petrol, and what was it you didn't like?
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

Jabberwocky wrote:Just wondering what the obvious reason was for test driving the 1.6 petrol, and what was it you didn't like?

Main reason was that its only ever going to be a very local run about so petrol would have been the first choice. I read the 1.6 petrol was underpowered and it was!
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

Thanks everyone for your input, just worrying thats all!
switchback

Post by switchback »

Groovemaster wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Just wondering what the obvious reason was for test driving the 1.6 petrol, and what was it you didn't like?

I read the 1.6 petrol was underpowered and it was!
You must mean 1.2?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Groovemaster wrote:
Just worrying about the dpf! Its the missis's run about and she rarely goes on long journeys so im aware i will have to give it a blast every 2 weeks down motorway but does fuel choice make a difference? Always used supermarket fuel in our 06 golf tdi but keep getting told to use v power or ultimate to keep dpf healthy
Setting aside the isuue of DPF (and EGR valve for that matter) my personal experience is that once I get used to car I can tell the driving difference between supermarket (Tesco) fuel and the mainstream brands. At the higher end of the power range it's barely noticeable but when using a gentle right foot there is a marked difference in low end torque, the mainstream brands just seem to be better. I guess this may be more difficult to notice with an auto type box. When I switched to running on supermarket fuel (Tesco) I noticed a lack of "gutsiness" at low revs which I put down to cold weather but when I refilled with Shell there was an immediate and marked improvement despite no change in the weather. I liked the improvement, so I thought I'd go a step further and I'm now tryng out Shell's V-Power Nitro. The latter is quite a bit more expensive than ordinary juice so it's going to have to prove itself and provide a good economic return by way of mpg. However these days the difference in cost between the main and supermarket brands is so small, given my own experience, I for one will stick with the main brands whenever I can,
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.