New owner!

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

switchback wrote:
Groovemaster wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Just wondering what the obvious reason was for test driving the 1.6 petrol, and what was it you didn't like?

I read the 1.6 petrol was underpowered and it was!
You must mean 1.2?
1.6(117) 63 visia

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Groove master, I believe there is some confusion on this post. I believe you are firstly talking about the Older J10 QQ from 2013 and the 1,6 engine is the older one which is 117PS. I could be wrong !
It does help to add a few details of your QQ so members know what Model is being discussed - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Groovemaster wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:Just wondering what the obvious reason was for test driving the 1.6 petrol, and what was it you didn't like?

Main reason was that its only ever going to be a very local run about so petrol would have been the first choice. I read the 1.6 petrol was underpowered and it was!
Hmm interesting, I drove the 1.2 and whilst it's not going to set the world on fire it's not underpowered, although you will be forever changing gear to get the best from it, perfectly adequate for urban plodding, with almost another 50bhp the 1.6 certainly can't be seen as underpowered, unless you are comparing it to a jag V8 powered Range Rover of course, which seems overkill for purely urban driving.
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

DaveBerlin wrote:Groove master, I believe there is some confusion on this post. I believe you are firstly talking about the Older J10 QQ from 2013 and the 1,6 engine is the older one which is 117PS. I could be wrong !
It does help to add a few details of your QQ so members know what Model is being discussed - Dave :)
Yep I mentioned it was the 1.6 117 petrol i test drove
Groovemaster

Post by Groovemaster »

Jabberwocky wrote:
Groovemaster wrote:

Main reason was that its only ever going to be a very local run about so petrol would have been the first choice. I read the 1.6 petrol was underpowered and it was!
Hmm interesting, I drove the 1.2 and whilst it's not going to set the world on fire it's not underpowered, although you will be forever changing gear to get the best from it, perfectly adequate for urban plodding, with almost another 50bhp the 1.6 certainly can't be seen as underpowered, unless you are comparing it to a jag V8 powered Range Rover of course, which seems overkill for purely urban driving.

Theres plenty of reviews stating the 1.6 is underpowered but I took it for a drive to see for myself.

Just wasn't any pull low end and it was running high revs constantly