Hello, Just ordered a new QQ

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Good morning,

After owning a Volvo C30 for a couple of years, my wife and I decided to take a look at the Qashqai on Saturday having decided to not buy a Volvo XC60; we had intended to buy an XC60 until discovering that the petrol engine options are very limited, and in view of the latest stance the government has taken against oil-burners it seemed sensible to explore other options.

We had only intended to look around the Qashqai, maybe have a test drive, and were so impressed with the car that we ordered a brand-new Tekna 1.6 with added roof and space-saver; we have ordered in Pearl Black, and hopefully we should have our new baby before the end of the month.

Excellent service and pressure-free sale from the lovely Sheila at Wilsons of Epsom.

As it's my birthday today (58 years young!) I'll consider the car as my birthday present for the next several years......

The plan is to look at LPG conversion in the near future and if anyone here has any recommendations or warnings on this 'accessory' I'd value your input.

I'll be sorry to see the Volvo go, but a £1000+ bill to replace the heater motor was a great motivator to sell..

So it's 'Goodbye old Volvo' and 'Hello new Qashqai' from us.

And hello to you from us,

Magdalena & David

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi David, welcome and you made a good choice with the QQ you will enjoy it. There does not appear to be a lot of facts around on LPG especially for the newer Nissan's. Take a read at this attachment from 2015 it might well give you some facts - Dave ;)

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-clinic/dr ... oleum-Gas/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Thanks for the link there Dave,

It's something that we will look at as a possibility, as we do fairly lengthy trips through Europe a couple of times a year, notably to Poland via Belgium/Germany or to Sweden, as well as shorter shopping trips to France, I'd guess that this will most likely be my last car purchase, or if I do get something else it will be an old bloke kind of car haha....

Based on the current cost of the fuel and conversion if I was to do it, I would recoup the cost in under two years

Thanks again,

David
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

David, here is a list of German Installers but it does include a list of LPG Suppliers which you may well be able to find and access in the U.K. - Dave ;)

https://www.mylpg.eu/installers/germany/list
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Jabberwocky

Post by Jabberwocky »

Wowzers £1000 to replace a heater motor, I recently changed the heater blower on my wife's corsa for £55, took 10 minutes and didn't require any swearing which surprised me somewhat
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Hi and welcome. Hope the car arrives soon. Keep us posted how it's going
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, We are counting the days to delivery; if it arrives early that will be a bonus - I posted off the paperwork to the DVLA to put my personalised plate on retention as we are going to run around on the shiny new 17-plate for now, that should take no more than two weeks; when we put the number on the Volvo it came back in a week!

I must admit that I was less than amused about the blower motor, two weeks before Xmas we didn't really need that.......... I looked at doing the job myself but as it was somewhat too cold for DIY and that the entire dash had to come out I decided to smile and pay up. The motor itself was over 300 quid which is outrageous!

Another consideration is that the DPF would need changing at 75000 miles (about £800 for a Volvo one) and possibly clutch/DMF, being a wear item and not knowing how the previous owner drove the car - who knows? I just didn't fancy another hefty bill - £1200-1500 being a ball-park figure for that!

We are very lucky to be in the position to be buying the QQ, when you consider that ten years ago I ran a 7-year-old Skoda Octavia!

I'll post some pics of the Qashqai when we pick it up

Best Regards for now

David
webb1e

Post by webb1e »

Spooky - I have just taken delivery of a pearl black Tekna with panoramic roof and space save from Wilsons. Mine is the 1.6 petrol.

Mine arrived in about 4 weeks.
2017 Tekna - Pearl black - DIG-T 1.6 Panoramic roof.
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Nice one webb1e, hope you have many happy miles in it!
Have you had any issues with the car, and if so how did Wilsons handle them?
Sales people obviously want you to buy from them, but the REAL test of a good dealer is how they deal with stuff when it goes 'piriform'....................

Regards
David
webb1e

Post by webb1e »

No issues at all so far - fingers crossed.
2017 Tekna - Pearl black - DIG-T 1.6 Panoramic roof.