New Tekna

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

Had my First ever QQ Tekna for 3 days now. What a fabulous car. So comfortable and quiet and not disappointed with the 1.2 turbo.
Only things missing are gas struts on the bonnet. My wife can't hold that up and fix the strut in and no mute button on the stereo.
If that's all I find I will be very pleased.
Thanks for all the info on the forum everybody. Great website.
2019 Tekna+ , white 160 hp 1.3 litre with DCT auto box

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Quashpad,

If I press the on/off button (the left one) on my QQ the radio is silenced and the Satnav continues to work.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

..and you can source & easily fit (non Nissan) bonnet struts.
Use SEARCH button in top left of this page.
Last edited by Gel on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

Thanks Daewar and Gel that's great info about the radio and struts. Will try and also do some research. Take care guys
QQ17

Post by QQ17 »

Good morning and welcome Qashpad

I bought my bonnet struts off eBay, they arrived a week later (from Russia) and I fitted them the same weekend. Have a good look at the YouTube videos, and the published instructions, but all you need are a socket set, a couple of spanners and a spare 20 mins - easy peasy, and they work really well.

Nick
2016 Magnetic Red Qashqai Tekna 1.2 DIG-T
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qashpad, these Struts were and appear still to be on offer on eBay at a discount of 10%. These are the same as most Forum members have installed from Upory Russia, well worth the effort and time and naturally you get 10 points from the wife - Dave :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/installation-ki ... 3ac1f02971
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qashpad

Post by Qashpad »

Thanks QQ and Dave. I looked at the video last night on you tube as you mention and it does look so easy. Someone mentioned it might affect warranty so will ring Hammonds and speak to them to see if any problems.
Otherwise take them off when it goes for service.
Thanks again
Also isn't this 1.2 an amazing engine
Simon1100

Post by Simon1100 »

Be interested to see what Hammonds say about the warranty???

I'm not sure if Nissan supply struts or if you got them to fit them???
QQ Tekna 1.5 Dci Gun Metal Grey
Collected 01/03/2017

:D :D :D :D :D :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

The problem is that Nissan do not sell these Strut Kits I looked around (EU, US etc) for a Kit and in the end all that turned up was the Russian Kit that was ordered as a Group Buy and these are excellent. On our Juke I bought a Kit from Japan but they did not manufacture for the QQ J11. Normally in fact our Dealer has installed "Non Nissan" parts for us but with "No Guarantee" as these are not OEM Nissan Parts. Now wether these are picked up at the MOT or here by the TÜV will be interesting as they are very hot here on Safety Paperwork etc. we will see. But please note that the installation and disassembly is a very quick job so as mentioned just pop them off before hand - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I have the struts and found I can still engage the original bonnet prop without difficulty, so I can't think of any reason these struts could invalidate the warranty. But as Dave says, 10 minutes and they're off again (as long as you remember where you stored the original bolts on the front crossmember, LOL).
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic