Potential owner with questions

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Michael

Post by Michael »

Hello Everyone!
Been looking on here for a few weeks, finally joined up. I'm looking at a 1.5d N-Connecta, 16 plate. I've a couple of questions, which I've searched for, but can't find the answers.
Is there a difference between N-Connecta and N-Tec+? I've seen both models listed on the plates I'm looking at, and there doesn't seem to be any obvious diffferences?
Connect system manual - I'd like a look through one - are there any links to a downloadable version?
How do you make a hands free call using IPhone? Is it push button on steering wheel, say "call home" and you're done, or is it a bit more involved?
I must say, that I've learned a lot from reading on here, so thank you to everyone that contributes!👍
Michael
'16 1.5dci N-Connecta, Blade Silver, bonnet struts

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Regarding the phone, yes its as simple as pressing the button on the steering wheel, saying "phone xxx" then wait to be connected. You can also "send text to xxx" then follow the prompts, no typing pressing buttons, just all done by voice. If you receive a text whilst driving you can also ask to "read last message".
If you do use the apps on the Connect unit then the iPhone must be connected by cable to the usb socket inside the centre console, but to be honest they are all but useless.
Michael

Post by Michael »

Excellent, thanks for that. I had seen a video on YouTube which was quite a process, but thought there must have been a better/easier way than shown.
I usually have my phone plugged in for music anyway, so that's no problem. I have seen that the apps aren't much good!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

N-Connecta is just a newer name for N-tec. N-tec+ added pano roof and roof rails.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Michael

Post by Michael »

Thought it might be that, thanks. Must have changed between March and August 16 I'm guessing, as I've seen an August registered 16 plate as N Connecta, with panoramic roof, camera etc.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good luck let us know how you get on.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Michael

Post by Michael »

Test drive completed today - collection later in the week! 😉
Just under 11k on the clock, alloys unmarked, registered August last year.
I'm coming from an Insignia CDTI (128 bhp), and thought performance was on a par up to motorway speeds, where the Insignia would edge it, but fuel consumption figures will more than make up for it - along with all the equipment. And of course, £100 + saving per year on tax!

Now to buy some goodies.......