X-Trail to Qashqai

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

Hi Everyone. Stu here from near Munich. I have had a X-Trail 2.2dci 4x4 for 11 years now and next week I will be ordering a Qashqai. I wanted to get the 1.5dci Diesel but with a lot of negative information regarding Diesels over here in Germany, and the possibility of big increases in Diesel prices and tax alongside bans from city centers, I am going for the petrol engined 1.6 Dig-T Tekna instead as I am not sure the 1.2 version has the power I need taking in to account I live close to some big mountains.

I do have one question. I have a set of winter tires for my X-Trail that are 215/65R16. Some sites here show they can be fitted to the 1.6 Dig-T models whilst others show only the 1.2 Dig-T and 1.5dci models. Anyone know if I can use them. Don't really want to have to spend another 700 Euro replacing what I already have, although if they are not permitted, I will have no choice.

Thanks for any advice.
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Stu, welcome to the Forum. I am up the other end of Germany in Berlin. We have a 1,2L QQ and have just changed our Winter Wheels / Tyres Goodyear 215/65 R16 so you should be all set. They should be the 5 hole pattern / 114,3 mm PCD and a middle hole of 66,1mm Dia which is normally the Nissan Std.
There should not be a problem as this point has been mentioned before fitting from an Old QQ to the New for example under :
"2014 Qashqai - Winter Tyres"
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=219&start=150#p23086
Do not forget you need a set of TPMS Valves (computer linkup) installed in the Wheels to be compatible with the QQ System which is needed by law and the TÜV as the system has to work. The Nissan Dealer can install them but they are pretty expensive

We have the 1,2L QQ Tekna and personally I am pleased with the motor but regarding Munich and the Mountains I think you are correct to go for a 1,6L, if the Facelift Model is as good as it looks that is the way we will go but without CVT.
I hope this helps - Tschüß Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

Thanks Dave. I notice you have the 1.2 and in the Nissan brochure it does say that the 215/65R16 are compatible with the 1.2, but it only shows 215/55R18 and 225/45R19 against the 1.6 model. Is it certain that the 215/65R16 is permitted ? With regard to the TPMS I had not even considered this. I think I will have to buy a complete new set of wheels with TPMS although my TÜV will be outside of the normal Winter Tyre season, but I don't want to have any warning messages in the car, and as I work at a Munich Airport we get lots of Police check points, so always a chance to get stopped. Grüsse aus Bayern !
Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dig-T in Pearl White with Panoramic Roof. Westfalia detachable/hidden tow bar system.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Stu, I think you are correct although the 1,2L & 1,6L Tekna QQ's have the same Std. Alloys and 225/45R19 Tyres. But when you check for example on the attachment it does state just as you said for the 1,6L. If I was you I would ask you Dealer or double check as you know what the TÜV Guys are like and if you get stopped by the "Polizei" there is always the possibility of a "Check"- Dave ;)

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/nissan/ ... dig-t-eudm

Try these German Suppliers :
https://www.vmaxx.de/de/index.php?fz=316

https://www.giacuzzo.com/shop/index.php?cPath=282_1550
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Saudistu

Post by Saudistu »

Thanks again Dave. I just looked at three different tyre sites over here including reifendirekt - the company I bought my X-Trail winter tyre set from - and when you select Qashqai J11 with the 1.6 Dig-T engine, all three offer 16 inch with 215/65R16, but I will call in at my local Nissan dealer next week and ask them as I think the tyre options have to be listed on the Fahrzeugschein. The websites you have listed have some nice things on them. One thing I do need is a tow bar for our bike carrier. I fitted it myself on the X-Trail and it was a bit of a pain as I had to cut the bumper and splice the electrics. I think it is a lot easier on the Qashqai, but I still think I will let the dealer install it.