Worrying article for Admiral policy holders

The place to discuss everything else..
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Will make sure I seek other quotes at renewal time :roll:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... ubled.html
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

jackdaww

Post by jackdaww »

""" Will make sure I seek other quotes at renewal time """

I ALWAYS shop around on ALL renewals .
Qashqai acenta 1.2 petrol xtronic jan2016 - flame red - no bells and whistles.

previous , now departed , Primera 2l petrol cvt 2001 147000 faultless miles.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

This is often the case with the companies who originally offer cheaper insurance. I am with NFU and although you pay more than the run of the mill ones you get a better deal. Like protected no claims bonus, breakdown cover and a total like for like replacement car in the first two years of the car being new.

My sister has a similar problem as the Telegraph report when she left her car at Manchester Airport when nearly £2000 of damage was done to it when someone ran down the side of her car.
NFU loaned her an equivalent category car, paid her accommodation overnight, then arranged the body repair with no increase on her premium the following year.

You may find they are picky who they take on, they do not like people with certain driving convictions, will not tolerate modifications from standard spec. apart from trivial enhancements, chrome, new wheels etc, but they are great to deal with and give 80% no claims when you have been with them seven years.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Robin Hood or Robin ********, well you can imagine it?
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan
Muiramas

Post by Muiramas »

To be honest, its not just Admiral who do this - its every insurance company except Co - Op, who are so expensive to begin with its neither here or there, and I think also that company that only insures you if you're over 50. The problem I have with Admiral is that in a no-fault claim they will try and palm you off to a company called Albany Assistance who give you a credit agreement for the repair and courtesy car while they recover the costs against the other party - the result is Admiral will refuse to deal with you on the matter afterwards - beware.

If you make a no fault claim, even if the other party admits full responsibility, you can expect you premium to go up by 20-50% if you stay with your insurer, and by an additional £50 or so if you switch insurer - you have to declare any accident even if its not your fault - even if you don't involve an insurance company in the settlement.

The reason the insurance world gives for the bump is that you are 'statistically' now more likely to have another accident.

I found myself in this situation at renewal last November. Earlier in the year some **** crashed into the back of me - outside a school, 20 zone, 600 yards of straight road... Admiral then wanted to bump my premium by £300 (yeah, nice try idiots...) Elephant, which is owned by Admiral, were coming in £260 cheaper on compare the meerkat, so Admiral were able to match it. Otherwise I would have left them.

The best way to avoid overpaying, regardless of having made a claim or not, is go to a comparison website at renewal time, that will give you the lowest cost, and if your current insurer won't come close enough to the best price you are given, then switch.