Nissan - Water Tight Testing of SUV's

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it does appear that with the water testing carried out by Nissan on our QQ's or SUV's we should never have a problem with water leakage. They spray 24,000 litres of water on each QQ, plus other tests - Dave ;)

http://www.newsroom.nissan-europe.com/u ... aid=146801

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

...I wonder how they missed the issue with the front sensors then!
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I wonder why there are always pools of water on the sills when I open the car doors after it's been raining, then!

Although to be fair it doesn't get past the rubber seal.

water.jpg

It's not too bad in this pic though.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hound, I think your comment is correct the Testing is for Water Leckage within the QQ and yes you are correct Water does hang up on the Sills.
Steve, regarding the Sensors that is still possibly an ongoing problem, but the testing was from what I understood Internal Leakage. I personally do not have this Sensor problem at present - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken