Is 1.2 Petrol Xtronic is good enough or under powered?

The place to discuss everything else..
Dboy17

Post by Dboy17 »

Hello All,

I need your valuable inputs please - I'm planning to order a new 1.2 Petrol Xtronic Auto transmission (Tekna) and would like to know if 1.2 engine is good enough or under powered ? I don't do much miles (8K/year) so I have to stick to petrol and prefer automatic so I don't have much choice in Qashqai engines.

I'm also interested to know whats the combined MPG for this 1.2 Petrol Xtronic?

Also any other feedback around this model would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards
Danny

Hocki

Post by Hocki »

Hello, I also run very little and therefore chose a Qashqai 1.2 N Connect DIG T Petrol Xtronic must say I think it is very quiet and soft, it is clear when driving in town so it takes a little more about 31 mpg but highway its around just 48mpg so I'm happy diesel engine consumes less but as I drive most short distances so it is cheaper with petrol (service tax, etc.) and the 1.2 engine is enough power you will be surprised when you test drive it
Oct 2016 Nissan Qashqai 1,2DIG-T CVT N-Connecta White
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dboy17, welcome to the Forum. We had a Juke Tekna 1,6L and when we tested the 1,2L QQ early 14 I thought it would be a joke with a bigger size body to haul around. Our Sales Guy just said drive it and on the Autobahn here it just went using the Turbo and is one of the quitest cars I have driven. We live on the outskirts of Berlin so most of our driving is also short distance and we average around the lower 30's but on a long run the lower 60's.
For me the engine is nice, but our's is a Manual and you do need to get the Revs up when pulling away and for us using the gearbox but if you boot it, it is well fast enough and no engine problems.
If you have not driven one arrange a test drive on local roads, town and Mototways just to get the feel of it before you part with your money. IMHO I think you will like it - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Dboy17

Post by Dboy17 »

Thanks a lot Hocki and Dave that was really helpful. Appreciate your time!

I did a test drive and I didn't feel it was underpowered. It was good to see that it had manual shift drive option which was really cool