Berlin Tekna is there

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]OK Duncho, but I have some other priorities from my better half to clean the windows inside so when time allows I will give it a Go. O to be Retired again ! Dave[/QUOTE]
I know what you are talking about, well...
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Decorating, washing, cleaning. shopping etc. I seem to do more now than I did when working and got paid for doing that. Can't wait for her indoors to retire so I can have some time on my hands
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

But be careful John not to mention this to your better half. Otherwise you get immediate shoot back that she had to do all this for years and alone herself without your help!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Duncho, the Housework is done and there is no wet stuff falling from the Sky so I have completed my Mini Project. Same Place / Same Spot readings taken with OEM QQ Antenna 20 cm and VG Shark Fin screwed in position. These are the results :

DAB
QQ Std
Shark Fin

Energy

ERF Plus

ERF Pop

FG DJ

Fritz

Gold

FS
SQ
FS
SQ
So Duncho start getting the calculations done it will be interesting what you find because the Field Strength has dropped with the VG Antenna but what that means no idea - Over to you Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Dave,great comparison, thank you! I see that signal strength drops off significantly. This means that when you drive the car in areas with stronger signal, you will find no issues with DAB playback. But as soon as you drive in areas with weaker DAB signal (e.g. countryside, motorway, coast, etc.) you will experience DAB playback dropping off very frequently or not playing at all.Have you also made this "side by side" comparison for FM?

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Duncho, Nope ! but will do - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Duncho, Mini Project hopefully complete now. Here is the final information so await your feedback and comments - Dave

FM
QQ
S.Fin

dBuV
dBuV
duncho

Post by duncho »

Dave, sorry for late respond, I had no chance to sit behind the computer. Your measure results are very similar to DAB signal measures you made previously. The same I said above applies for FM with only little difference that FM (analogue) will be less affected as DAB. Where DAB will stop to play, FM will still be audible, but with noise or auto switched to mono. I'm curious how Celsus shark fin antenna will perform compare to your measures and Nissan Shark Fin (KE280-99991) which had attenuation 4dBuV compare to OEM aerial that came with QQ. Thanks again Dave!
duncho2014-11-22 23:49:41

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

I guess it fair to say that the differences in signal strength are quite significant given the measurements are logrithmic yet I suspect that in most cases (Urban) not especially noticable? I must admit I do like the Shark-fin and yet I wonder as to their value when it matters. That I suspect would be on a long journey as most of the time we settle for the local station, Radio 2 in my case. Dread to think what Dave has to listen to, German TV, let alone Radio was always very weak in my experience.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Peter, I have been asking around here and there are a lot of plus's and minuses for DAB. Some like it, some do not as it appears to be related to the area, signal strength and transmitters. As I said to a deaf "Oldie" although there was a drop in strengths it still sounded OK to me. I spoke to my brother in law who lives in Saarbr£cken right in the South of Germany, he said the reception is bad there so much so that on his new Audi A6 he did not have DAB installed. So to me it looks like each individual has to weigh up the "Pros & Cons" and make their own decision as it seems to be related to area reception. I think I will go ahead and mount mine - Dave
PS. I sent you a pm regarding availablility of Radio / TV in Germany did not want to bore everybody !