Berlin Tekna is there

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just some New facts. Yesterday I was at our Dealers and picked up a Accessory Catologue for the X-Trail and what was on the 1st Page a "Haifisch-Antenne" in good Old English a Shark Fin Antenna but in very small print at the bottom of the page was stated "The Shark Fin Antenna is not DAB Compatible".
If however anybody is interested the Nissan OEM Nos are : Silver (K23) KE280-4C001 / Greyish Blue (RAQ) KE280-4C002 / White Pearl (QAB) KE280-4C003 / Grey (KAD) KE280-4C004 / Black (G41) KE280-4C005.
Some of you might be interested but be careful with your DAB Reception - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

duncho

Post by duncho »

That's exactly the same antenna I had installed on my car. Good to see that they already inform customers about DAB not supported.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
duncho

Post by duncho »

Short update on shark fin antenna replacement. I have installed Celsus AN3020DAB shark fin antenna and with sad face I can say it didn't work at all (faulty amplifier). I also tried to take out an amplifier from OEM antenna base and replace Celsus faulty amp. It worked, but haven't got sufficient FM reception, therefore I decided to return faulty Celsus antenna and install back original antenna rod that came with QQ.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

duncho, thanks for your feedback and sorry it did not work out after the Detail work carried out with regard to the DAB Signals and Antenna's. I still feel I will install the VG Version as discussed before as it did actually work here for me. When the weather improves I will give it a Go - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

The continuing saga of the DAB Shark Fin Antenna :
A couple of days ago I visited our Nissan Dealer to get the Tekna Alloys and Summer Tyres put back on and now the QQ has got its looks back again. I had been speaking with our Dealer about the possibility of them developing a QQ Sharks Fin Antenna for DAB Radio. The Store Guy had sorted out a Calero Shark 2 DAB/DAB+, Radio AM/FM #7677937 see attached for ref. which incidently duncho had been looking at also, as it was the same one he was trying to develop. Now after obtaining some additional extension pieces for the wiring the Dealer had a finished example and it had been installed on a new X-Trail.
http://www.calearo.com/eng/automotive-a ... 677937.php

I must say it looks a pretty neat job. The comments were that it functions satisfactory but when I asked if they had done Signal Strength comparisons as I carried out for duncho before and after the modification the answer was "No but it does work" !. I then asked for some more technical details but all I got was a total cost which was a‚¬370 (around 290 UK Pounds), this was for the parts (incidently the Antenna alone costs a‚¬110), dropping the Headlining - attaching the Antenna and labour costs, but if you needed the Antenna to be sprayed to match the QQ Color, which I preferred it would cost more. Now I felt this to be a bit on the high side for something that would be "Nice to Have" but not an essential. I think I will personally carry on now with a little more testing with the VG Antenna (non DAB) I have.

Would just like to say Thanks to duncho for his time on supplying information and comments to me on this subject - Dave
duncho

Post by duncho »

Hi Dave, thank you for update on this and your time when you did signal comparison for me. I am shocked to read how much they charged customer for the antenna and installation, because you can buy Calearo antenna for a‚¬59,- and in my opinion a‚¬50,- for labour is reasonable cost. At the end, a‚¬110,- compare to a‚¬370,-

Dave, I'm not surprised they didn't make signal test, no one will bother if it's not his own car. Would be good to know who is the owner of T32 and his opinion on reception. I will try to find out, if I'm lucky.

Link to buy the antenna for a‚¬59,-
http://www.schlauer-shop24.de/epages/61 ... cale=de_DE

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

So I have been and done it, I took the "Bull by the Horns" today and put an end to this long awaited procedure of installing the VG Shark Fin Antenna. Last weekend I spent again some time taking reading (Dan, same procedure as last year !) and the signal strength is down but I can still get FM / DAB Stations with good reception and volume in the area. So it was "S _ _ _ or Bust " today, I just went for it and done it and it is stuck with what else but 3M Tape.

If anybody is interested in the installation procedure I have put one together for our previous Juke Tekna and have now updated it - just give me a Buzz Dave

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I think ill stick with my 'stick' ;)
Dont have any problems with it, or at least none that bother me that much.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Looks smart Dave. Any chance of a picture of the whole car with the new antenna?
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

jstallan, you will have to do with these pics from my mobile for now because the weather ain't that great at present and the QQ is dirty from the weekend, hopefully these will do for you. Had to blank out the "Boss / QQ" she is shy - Dave