My dear friend 1.6dig-t no more

Post pictures of your QashQai here!
BL76

Post by BL76 »

Hi all,
I do not have FEB do have only sound warning system which did not do much since truck shifted lane few hundred meters infront of me. I am not sure do you think on the same thing. As soon as I realised the sound warning I was almost hitting him. Only thing I did is to streight the direction to hit the truck in a streght line with full braking to avoid spinning. Funny and scary thing is that I pushed big truck (25t weight) more then 20m, fact that he was driving in some speed also did the part.
Main reason why I put picture is to show you how great the chasis is accepting massive front collision. Look at the front, observe that "onion" shape. Today 2 nights after I have only minor chest pain due to airbag and seatbelt. Neck, back, legs and arms ( I hold the wheel with full streght and I am big man 120kg almost 2m height) are painless. Side and back glasses are ok even front windglass did not shatter. All doors but front passenger doors can open normally. So in overall, my opinion, chassis integrity, braking system and airbags counts. Too close, too fast I have chills every time when I remember these few seconds. Thanks all for good wishes and may my post be the last post about crashes.
QQ 1,6 dci 360 ink blue

ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Hi BL76,

Its great to know you walked away from such a crash with the minor injuries you reported. Wish you a quick recovery & back to normalcy.

Hope , there is some sort of penalty for the errant truck & driver and that you get a fair value for your damaged car that will help you get mobile again.

As you said, hope this is last post on this forum about crashes. Safe driving..
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

BL76, great News that you are improving let us know how things work out for you with your injuries and for example a possible replacement QQ :)
You might well be up to date on this Technology Stuff FEB but if not this might be of interest to you although it has been posted before - Dave ;)

https://youtu.be/qrqvNaiVQ9k

IMG_3339.JPG

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Hmmm..... so the FEB system makes use of the camera as part of the decision making......can the camera "see" black objects in the dark, white objects in the snow or grey objects in fog?? :? (and is this the same camera used to detect light levels for my headlamps that switch on on those rare occasions when the sun's shining brightly in the British sky?) just wondering.........
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

The Nissan info posted above by DaveBerlin appears to be old info, as the QQ doesn't utilise the front camera for the autonomous breaking, it uses a radar system located behind the front bumper. Also, if I remember reading the manual correctly, it isn't designed to detect pedestrians/animals in front of the vehicle. The surround view cameras do detect living beings when less than about 3 or 4 feet from the vehicle when in 1st or reverse gear.
redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

gvmdaddy wrote:The Nissan info posted above by DaveBerlin appears to be old info, as the QQ doesn't utilise the front camera for the autonomous breaking, it uses a radar system located behind the front bumper.
Sorry, gvmdaddy - you are wrong. The info posted by Dave is correct and current. The referenced "front camera" is the name given to the windshield camera located behind the rear view mirror. This camera along with radar located behind the front bumper is the hardware operating FEB.

I am treading very carefully here because the last time I posted this accurate information I was labelled a "smart arse" by the forum mafia.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.
BL76

Post by BL76 »

I want to know one thing, pls, does anyone have autonomouse breaking? With what level it goes, Tekna? I am searching this option in my local nissan offers and nowhere is mentioned any autonomouse breaking option only front collision warning system.
Thanks in advance,
QQ 1,6 dci 360 ink blue
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

redqashqai, no need to tread carefully at all. The info posted above only mentions a camera being used and nothing at all about a radar system, yet the cars owners manual only states the car uses a radar system and nothing at all about a camera. The manual also states that it will not detect pedestrians or animals etc. The system self checks on starting the vehicle and if disabled the manual only mentions clearing any possible obstructions from the bumper in front of the radar sensor, no mention of checking or clearing the camera in the windscreen. Owners manual section 5-40 to 5-43 headed Forward Emergency Braking System. If im wrong ill gladly hold my hands up and say so, but as yet im only stating what the manual is telling us.

Edit...

Looking a little deeper into this it appears that some new Nissan models may have a newer 'Predictive Forward Emergency Braking System'. This appears to use both radar and windscreen cameras to see if a vehicle 'two cars ahead' is braking, not just the car infront. I dont believe this is yet available on QQ models. This may be where the confusion in the above posts comes from.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

In this context, I'm thinking they are the same for my QQ Tekna. The car has on several occasions breaked for me, recently someone was turning right on a mini roundabout and it "autonomusly" breaked the car for a shot amount of time. The system appears not to be smart enough to understand the other car was moving out of the danger area.
BL76 wrote:I want to know one thing, pls, does anyone have autonomouse breaking? With what level it goes, Tekna? I am searching this option in my local nissan offers and nowhere is mentioned any autonomouse breaking option only front collision warning system.
Thanks in advance,
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well I must admit what I posted on FEB was a download I had previously copied and I believe was US Based, never the less the "AEB Autonomous Emergency Braking" has been mentioned previously from 2014 on websites and YouTube videos.
I have also mentioned before that this system has worked twice quite aggressively for us.

BL76, I think you will have to contact a Dealer near where you live and ask your question. I have looked in the German website and our Catologue and it states that the "Nissan Safety Shield Technology / Driver Assistance Packet - AEB Autonomous Emergency Braking" is as follows :
Visia an Option / Standard on Acenta, N-Connecta, N-Vision, Tekna.

Here is an explannation from the AA :
https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/sa ... cy-braking

The video I posted previously on this post from YouTube was also Titled AEB dated early 2014 - hope this helps Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken