I'm in the Red (Car that is) with Detachable Tow bar

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Collected my nice Magnetic Red Acenta Premium in the rain! Salesman was very helpful and paired my Sony Aqua mobile phone with ease. Car is lovely to drive and meets my expectations. I was surprised that the Nissan tow bar is actually removable. The salesman, in his suit, was on his hands and knees showing me how it fitted which worked great at the time. I only drove about 20 miles and achieved 52.8 mpg without even trying. As with another member I found that the safety kit was not in the boot which the salesman will rectify at the next visit.

When I got home I fitted the removable tow bar and plugged in the caravan who's electrics all worked perfectly. Removed the tow bar neck and went to refit it and it would not physically connect! After trawling through the internet I found out that the removable part should be recharged or cocked a bit like a pistol. This retracts the shiny steel bar which projects from the end of the tow ball piece. The small ball headed cylinder then pops up and is rigid on top of the bar. To do this the blue handle must be pushed inward toward the black metal neck. In this position it can then be twisted clockwise until the mechanism makes a loud click. The shiny bar has then retracted into the neck and the dome headed cylinder has become rigid.

Offering the neck to the car mounting is now straight forward and once in position a light downward pressure locks the neck in position. A green arrow can then be seen on the edge of the handle indicating a safe coupling. At this point you must not forget to lock the handle with the key. Although the neck is a different shape a similar procedure can be seen on this Youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beSrNhGU6tE
1.5 Dci Acenta Premium, Magnetic Red, Towbar and 7 Pin Electrics, Spare Wheel, ALA Gap Insurance, Poor out of date expensive £109 Maps from Nissan