FAQ: Folding Wing Mirrors

Frequently Asked Questions
duncho

Post by duncho »

Doesn't matter whether you lock the car with the key fob or by pressing the lock button on the door. It uses the same trigger (CAR LOCK signal). duncho2014-12-12 08:16:43
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I have played around with the Aces mirrors and cannot get them to stay open with the door locked from the key. No matter what I do with the manual button they still close automatically when I lock the door from the outside, so unless someone knows something I do not know, I assume the mirrors are always folder once you leave the vehicle and lock the car
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

In that sense it would seem that Herr Dave has the only answer to this: If you need to leave the mirror open because of the danger of a frozen mechanism then you need to disable the complete system and a simple on-off switch seems ideal.
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I have played around with the Aces mirrors and cannot get them to stay open with the door locked from the key. No matter what I do with the manual button they still close automatically when I lock the door from the outside, so unless someone knows something I do not know, I assume the mirrors are always folder once you leave the vehicle and lock the car[/QUOTE]
Yes I agree, I thought you could leave them open by switching the OEM mirror button but seems that isn't the case - 5 brownie points deducted for me In that case its as DaveBerlin has had done, inline switch and job's a good un, time to head on over to the RS Components website then...
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

[quote="jonceebee"]
I have played around with the Aces mirrors and cannot get them to stay open with the door locked from the key. No matter what I do with the manual button they still close automatically when I lock the door from the outside, so unless someone knows something I do not know, I assume the mirrors are always folder once you leave the vehicle and lock the car[/QUOTE]One thing that you can do after fitting the Aces kit is to fold the mirrors in when you are driving, might make the car a bit quicker
DaveL

Post by DaveL »

I am interested in the Acesdvd's wing mirror mods for the new model QQ and visited their site some time ago, without problems being reported by my antivitus. Now the weather is improving, I'm thinking seriously of adding their mod to my QQ, but on visiting their site, www.acesdvdsdco.uk my McAfee antivirus blocks it and warns me that it's a dangerous site that has "risky behaviour."Does anyone know if there's a problem with the site, what's causing/caused the problem and whether the owner is aware of it and its potential damage to his business?Also, a while back, the kit was being offered at a discount. Is that still the case?Many thanks, guys.DaveL
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

neither of my browsers show this (IE11, Tor (Firefox). McAfee perhaps objects to the chat pop up box that appears soon after arriving.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="DaveL"]I am interested in the Acesdvd's wing mirror mods for the new model QQ and visited their site some time ago, without problems being reported by my antivitus. Now the weather is improving, I'm thinking seriously of adding their mod to my QQ, but on visiting their site, www.acesdvdsdco.uk my McAfee antivirus blocks it and warns me that it's a dangerous site that has "risky behaviour."Does anyone know if there's a problem with the site, what's causing/caused the problem and whether the owner is aware of it and its potential damage to his business?Also, a while back, the kit was being offered at a discount. Is that still the case?Many thanks, guys.DaveL[/QUOTE]
You might want to try this linkhttp://acesdvds.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=201But, don't come back and say you weren't warned
PeterL2015-03-22 18:14:29
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.