FAQ: Folding Wing Mirrors

Frequently Asked Questions
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

All J11 models built before 21th July 2014 did not come with auto folding mirrors. They are operated by a button by the driver on the drivers door.There are automated kits available by Nissan and 3rd party. Nissans automated kit (KE9634E002) - retails around £55-65:http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/prod ... 9634E002It is advised that this kit is quite complex to install with basic, limited detailed instructions. An alternative is to use a 3rd party kit. The only one we are currently aware of is one created by "AcesDVDS". Although we have no association with this seller, the company is well known for their QQ kits and offers extensive support on forums.Neither of these kits add extra settings in the drivers menu however. After 21th July 2014, it is known that the NTEC and Tekna models come with auto folding mirrors as standard, complete with the manual button on the drivers door as previous. The units can be set to not auto fold, auto fold on engine ignition from the drivers menu. Thread cleaned and info merged 01/12/14

SplanK2014-12-01 13:39:07

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I first raised this issue in April and there has been some lengthy discussions and comment involving
the Nissan and AcesDVD's Systems and undoubtly these have different costs, ease of installation and operation.

I ordered the Nissan System when we ordered the QQ and it functioned as I expected, but I must admit I did not check that we could Lock the QQ and leave the Mirrors in the "Open" Position the reason being as stated below in Red . I was at the Dealer yesterday and they checked this out and to meet my needs they need to fit a relay so I have checked it in for next week. On checking out the New QQ's which have the Auto Close Mirrors as Std you can change the settings on the "Menu Option" on the small display behind the Steering Wheel to keep them open or whatever. When the setup for windows open is done once, then you do not need to continually reset it when locking the QQ as they will stay open.
I have looked at the videos of Dave's AcesDVD's System and was wondering if this can be done (leaving mirrors open when car is locked) on his setup, perhaps Dave or a member with his system could confirm this - Thanks Dave
Comment in April :
I asked our Dealer today to confirm the Auto Mirror situation (we have no QQ as yet) and as already stated the mirrors do not close automatically when you close the car with the I-Key, it has to be done manually.

I believe the button is the Top Left Side one. We have at present a Juke Tekna which has the Auto Folding System which is great in the summer on Auto as you know the car is locked. But there is one problem that does arise and that is in the winter with frost and snow as you tend to hear loud "Crunching" sounds from the plastic parts as the Mirror tries to Open or stops, therefore we always turn back to Manual for the winter periods for safety - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

As there was no feedback on my request I have bit the bullet and had a switch installed today (not a relay) under the existing Window adjustment switches and it does not interfer in anyway with the Door Handle area. This switch now enables the Mirrors to be left "Open" or "Closed" when the QQ is locked depending on the persons needs - our needs was for them to remain open for the winter period (with the new QQ this is possible). Total cost from the Dealer was a‚¬35 inc Switch which I cannot complain about - Dave

Original Auto Kit was from Nissan
Door Assembly dismantled for wiring modification and installing of switch :

Underside View :
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Nice neat job there Dave, you are lucky with your dealer as he seems prepared to get involved and help as much as possible which is a far cry from what we seem to get in the UK, where there seems to be little interest in the cars once they have been sold.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Dave, I missed original your post, I have a self fitted Aces kit and you can switch the autofold functionality on/off by depressing the square mirror fold/unfold button (next to the L/R mirror selector switch) on the door handle. Assume this is simply an in-line switch which breaks the power feed to the mirror body open/close motor?
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Wheelie Bealie, thanks for your input. I was aware of this function "Fold / Unfold" but my request was for "Auto Folding Mirrors" and therefore I had the Nissan Kit installed 'KE963-4E002. All functioned well until we tried to lock the Doors with iKey and the Mirrors always Folded In. Due to winter conditions, frost and ice here we always liked during the winter to have the Mirrors "Open" (damage costs !) but we could not achieve it, that is the reason for the switch "Auto Action" not "Manual". Now we can switch to activate "Auto" - Open (Winter) or Close (Summer) basically twice a year - Dave
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

Exactly, my kit Aces kit allows the mirrors to auto fold on locking/ignition on, BUT when I depress the OEM fitted mirror switch on the armrest it then will prevent the mirrors from auto folding in when locking the car and therefore they won't unfold (as they already are open) in icy conditions.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Thanks for the answer - Sounds good to me Dave
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I will have to try this Wheelie, mine always close when I lock the car from the key ring. Are you saying press the button before you leave the car as I thought this would close the mirrors anyway, sounds confusing, I will have a play tomorrow and try permutations. Mine is an Aces kit as well
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Jon, did you have time to try your mirrors as I am interested in the outcome - Thanks Dave