FAQ: Nissan Connect Hidden Menu

Frequently Asked Questions
Johan_QQ

Post by Johan_QQ »

C018Delivered on 23 January 2015, Midrand, South Africa

Johan_QQ

Post by Johan_QQ »

The service manager at CMH Nissan Midrand doesn't seem to know diddly squat about software update. Is there a way I can do it?
duncho

Post by duncho »

Is it Authorized Nissan Dealer? If so, tell them to get familiar with system called eNews and NFIT
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Johan_QQ

Post by Johan_QQ »

Yes they are. But this being South Africa, I'm not surprised that they are surprised that a vehicle needs a software update
duncho

Post by duncho »

Common, they are trained to company policies and standards they need to follow. Such elementary thing is one of them. I was curious how dealership in South Africa could look like. I'm nicely surprised as it looks like any other (just staff seems to be not experienced enough).

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

A couple of thoughts....
Are software updates on Nissan vehicles available worldwide or just certain countries?
When updates do become available, they arent necessary nor compulsary for the future use of the vehicle, people just think they are entitled to them and have to have them.
Here in UK, if you have your car serviced at a Nissan dealership then as part of the service they offer to provide any software updates the car may be missing, free of charge....that is part of the service charge.
Following on from that, can you insist on free software updates just as a matter of course, without having a service? If not, will dealerships offer to do updates with a charge?
duncho

Post by duncho »

C018 had few issues, which you can use as an argument to get an update if they want to charge you for it (headunit freezing, loosing audio, self restarts, etc.).

Johan_QQ

Post by Johan_QQ »

Did Nissan UK issue an official recall on the C018 version? Asking because I want to collect ammo to use against Nissan SA as to why they haven't done the same (or educated their franchises on potential issues) Johan_QQ2015-02-23 19:27:53
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes, there was a campaign to upgrade all C018 owners with the latest firmware available in date of update is done.

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

There will be no 'official' recall as its not related to safety (VOSA over here as such). However internally Nissan will have advised dealers when the car comes in that a software update is available and it should be done 'when it comes in', IE under service or the customer complains. Mine was done when I took it in for a boot lid and rattle issue, as well as a software update to the alarm system.
SplanK2015-02-23 19:33:16