FAQ: Auto relock

Frequently Asked Questions
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Hi all, I have just bought a brand new Tekna 1.2 and am trying to find out if the car comes with auto relock, as in if you leave it unlocked accidentally / forget ,the car re locks itself after a while assuming no actions have been taken whilst away from the vehicle. I did walk away for some time to find it still unlocked. New to the Qashqai, so don't know. Thought it might represent a security issue? Regards Tony.

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

I know models with the iKey relock if you accidently unlock it, BUT that's assuming you do not open any door. Open any door and it remains unlocked.
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Thanks splanK , new to QQ, I do have the intelligent key model, (1.2 dig-T) petrol, so if I understand , if Ive locks the car and am walking away and accidentally hit the open button on the key, it should relock itself after a while, provided no doors are opened?
Tony
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

Hi Tony, for peace of mind ensure that your QQ does auto lock. Unlock it using the iKey and wait for about 30 seconds to ensure it locks itself. If it does not re lock go and have a word with your dealer.
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Hi Kev1n, thanks for the reply , yesterday I tried one or two things to see if it would auto relock including your suggestion and managed to find the answer. Here goes, if you lock the car (either via the i key fob or request button on the door ) then walk away , as you do and you 'accidentally ' press the door unlock button on the i key fob which if in range unlocks the door ,then after approx. 30 seconds it relock a itself!
Not sure how long after initially locking the door it would auto relock but I gave it between 5/10 seconds , enough to get about 15 feet away, which I think is the I keys range?
Great fun finding these things out!
Tony.
Deleted User 759

Converted to FAQ
duncho

Post by duncho »

Tony, it's preset timer which re-locks the car, not based on range of key fob from the car. Relock time (if you prefer) can also be modified by dealers (30 sec, 1min, 2min, 5 min).
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 759

I think he was saying if you accidently press the unlock button whilst within range of the car, it will unlock, but will auto lock itself... but does clear up any ambiguity in his post :)
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Hi Splank,
Yes that's what I was trying to say. I have left the car ( unintentionally) unlocked in the drive for about 15 mins. Came back to it thank god! and was still unlocked. This prompted my 'experiment'.
Toy
Tony Steele

Post by Tony Steele »

Hi all , sorry to drone on about this thread, but it's a bit like an itch I can't seem to scratch. From previous post I did discover a way of getting the car (65 Tekna) to auto lock whilst left on the drive unlocked but not in the conventional sense as highlighted by SplanK, the bit I can't seem to resolve is In the past have left the car open on the drive unintentionally, walked away and haven't done anything to the car at all I.e not opened or closed doors locked or unlocked it etc. Then,come back 60 mins later and discovered that it is still unlocked! Creating what I think is a security issue. Yes you shouldn't leave it unlocked but as you know things happen in real life, and you can forget.
The auto lock facility , 'if fitted' (would think the Tekna would? ) is highlighted on page 3-5 of the main QQ handbook.
I have contacted customer support! To their credit are making enquiries via tech support and main dealers, and getting back to me next week, will get back with the answer.