Continental Tyres

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

21k miles completed still a good 3mm left on all 4 corners (wheels changed round at 13.5k)
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)

sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

Last week while i was in my local dealership i mentioned that i only have 5000 rural miles on the car and the fronts have 5mm left on them... I was told this was normal usage. I replied " i had a vectra 2.2 petrol that i put £50 per corner tyres on and they still lasted more than 15"
"sorry sir thats the expected use of the tyre"

so 10k for fronts apparently
2015 Qashqai 1.5 dci tekna in bronze, but without the panoramic roof
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Measured mine yesterday, although they looked fine and the depths were 4.5mm front and 5 mm rear with the car now 13.6k and 19 months old
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

sulky_uk wrote:Last week while i was in my local dealership i mentioned that i only have 5000 rural miles on the car and the fronts have 5mm left on them... I was told this was normal usage. I replied " i had a vectra 2.2 petrol that i put £50 per corner tyres on and they still lasted more than 15"

You cant compare tyres between cars as they are setup differently and will 'use' tyres differently.

You also cant compare £50 tyres with £250 tyres (per corner) as the 2 will be completely different. The Conti's are very soft tyres and are very good at gripping the road, however due to their softness they will wear quicker than others. Rural driving being the worst at ware because of rougher roads and more cornering.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

SplanK wrote:
sulky_uk wrote:Last week while i was in my local dealership i mentioned that i only have 5000 rural miles on the car and the fronts have 5mm left on them... I was told this was normal usage. I replied " i had a vectra 2.2 petrol that i put £50 per corner tyres on and they still lasted more than 15"

You cant compare tyres between cars as they are setup differently and will 'use' tyres differently.

You also cant compare £50 tyres with £250 tyres (per corner) as the 2 will be completely different. The Conti's are very soft tyres and are very good at gripping the road, however due to their softness they will wear quicker than others. Rural driving being the worst at ware because of rougher roads and more cornering.

I agree with most of what you are saying there Steve and nobody in their right mind would surely put a £50 tyre on a new or newish car, but no doubt some would disagree and think they are getting a good deal.
Regarding the wear, I don't think I have travelled more than 150 miles on motorways or dual carriageways, most of my mileage is either countryside East or North Yorks, with plenty of pot holes and bends etc. I firmly believe it is how you drive that takes the tread off, fast accelerating, heavy braking screeching around bends and corners etc. all add to premature and uneven wear.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
jagr68

Post by jagr68 »

Need to replace my fronts now after 10k down to 3mm did anyone replace with the same continentals eco5 connect it go for different ones like continental 2 connect seem to be available for about £105 each at the moment
Daz8172

Post by Daz8172 »

Are those 19" tyres? Bridgestone there is an offer but don't know how good they are.
Nissan Qashqai, 1.6 dig-t 163, Gun Metal, Tekna, Pan sunroof, Spare wheel,
jagr68

Post by jagr68 »

no 17" - 215/60/17/96h
at kwik fit
Bridgestone duellar spot £103 , Continental eco Contact 5 - £105

Continental Premium Contact 2 - £112 with National

had bridgestone on previous model and they seemed ok certainly got more than 10k more like 25k
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

Hello all,

My QQ has Conti's as well - 18 " Premium contact 2, four months into the ownership, the front left tyre burst. Fortunately, I was at slow speed in a round-about. I was surprised at the Nissan dealership, i was told I had no other option but to buy a new tyre. As I had planned a driving holiday to Barcelona the next day, I yielded. I was charged an insane amount as well. Well, i did the trip, but was quite skeptical of the tyres.

Hopefully, it was a one-off defect, but a defect nonetheless. So I wrote to both Continental & Nissan and to be honest, was quite appalled at their lack of seriousness on the matter. Nissan just has the by default case number assigned with no indication of next steps and Continental has said they would like to analyse the tyre but it has to be done through the Nissan dealer.

I would like to see this to a conclusion but with the dealer refusing to accept that it was a defect and that I need to buy a new tyre, I am confused as to how to proceed. Would highly appreciate some advice on what I should do and also any insight into how this is to be done in Switzerland.
Thank you very much in advance.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

ThreeSixty, I live in Berlin and I must say that every complaint not so many major ones with our Juke and QQ I have always informed the Dealer first. Then to complete the circle I have stated all the facts on an Email with pics to NCS, usually within the week there will be a reply with a NCS No. I then call and speak to the agent and discuss my complaint. The Dealer is then informed due to the Guarantee and I always ask for a stamp or paperwork for the Service Book when a correction is made.
Now my comments are only for Germany, in the UK or Switzerland it might well be different - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken