Air Con problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

We feel we are being fobbed off with the problem on our air conditioning. Over five weeks ago we were told that a part had been ordered. After getting absolutely nowhere with the dealer we contacted Nissan head office customer services and have been told that the part needed is a condenser which is currently on a back order with their suppliers, but they are in dispute with the suppliers and cannot give a date as to when these condensers are expected to arrive. It would appear that this is a much bigger problem than we have been led to believe. For a company this big we fail to understand why they are unable to be more forthcoming about this problem. They do keep in touch with updates but it is always the same thing. -" we will keep you updated. It is out of our hands". This car was very expensive to buy and a fault like this should have been settled very quickly,. This car is under two years old. So we now have a car which is too uncomfortable to drive in hot weather, because air conditioning is needed.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

One for BBC Watchdog perhaps; also flag on readers reviews at Honest John.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/owner-revie ... hqai-2014/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Shame but when fixed will go back to Kia never never never Nissan
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Arthur, did you see my post from last week http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... =40#p40347 Should be getting another update from NCS today/tomorrow.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
MJCQQ

Post by MJCQQ »

I have been waiting now since mid May to get the aircon fixed on my 2014 Accenta premium. I rang again today for an update and was told in an almost blazé fashion that there was no ETA and no sign of these coming anytime remotely soon (expect months plural). I kept polite throughout but explained it was unacceptable and that I would be contacting Nissan CS. Though considering my last experience dealing with them I don't expect much.
Alastair.Collie

Post by Alastair.Collie »

Like scores of others I am still waiting for a replacement condenser unit following the dealer confirming back in mid June that a replacement condenser was required which would be replaced under warranty. After chasing this at the end of June as I hadn't heard anything I was told by the dealer that Nissan could not give any time frame - so like others contacted Nissan UK Customer Services. Give them their due they called me back to say there was a back order issue and a batch were arriving in the UK at the end of June. These do not seem to have fulfilled the back orders as nearly four weeks on I am still waiting like many others. Nissan UK were reluctant to say this was a big problem but finding this forum confirms my suspicions that there is a critical flaw in the third party part. Here's hoping Nissan get this sorted sooner than later. The only plus side I can find is that I have now found this forum and fellow owners.
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

Update

So NCS phoned me late yesterday. Bottom line is :-
1. There is still no ETA
2. Some people are getting theirs fixed but NCS don't know what the priorities are, or if these are people who have just reported a failure or been waiting a long time.
3. Nissan are happy that the part is fit for purpose and the delays are down to manufacturing
4. The NCS Agent is on a weeks leave and her 'stand-in' will call me next Weds (I politely wished her a good break).
5. I advised that my QQ has become an expensive garden ornament.

I've lost the will to challenge this right now, but I will be pursuing compensation once the car gets fixed.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

jstallan wrote:Update

So NCS phoned me late yesterday. Bottom line is :-
1. There is still no ETA
2. Some people are getting theirs fixed but NCS don't know what the priorities are, or if these are people who have just reported a failure or been waiting a long time.
3. Nissan are happy that the part is fit for purpose and the delays are down to manufacturing
4. The NCS Agent is on a weeks leave and her 'stand-in' will call me next Weds (I politely wished her a good break).
5. I advised that my QQ has become an expensive garden ornament.

I've lost the will to challenge this right now, but I will be pursuing compensation once the car gets fixed.
Do you think there might be a problem in the future with it going again (if its replaced ?). If it lasts 2 years then the next time it goes the vehicle will be out of warranty. I would certainly be making sure that I kept all the paperwork if the part is changed and would start proceedings if it went again when out of warranty.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lanstorm, actually you have raised a worthwhile Point regarding the paperwork. We have had a few things replaced or corrected under Warranty but have never received any paperwork. When the compliant was firstly raised paperwork was generated for NCS by the Dealer and I signed a Paper for the work, but never received copies. I have a File for the QQ and tend to Note this Information there and have added a Sticker in the Service Book with the Date / Kms / Work Done for the future and resale - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

OK, so this is where i'm at with the AC now.
We finally heard on Monday (via the dealer) that the condensers had finally arrived. Took the wife's car straight down there 1st thing on Tuesday and picked up a loaner. My wife called them this afternoon and they've finished replacing the part on hers. She will be dropping off my QQ and picking up hers Fri morning. Don't know how long to get mine back, but hoping for early next week.

NCS finally called me Tues late PM. They had again failed to call me on the Friday as promised so i wrote to them complaining of this on Monday. Anyhow, they asked if the dealer had been in touch as the parts had arrived. I thanked them for the call (better late than never - not!!) and told them what was going on. Not once during the call did the agent apologise for not calling me on Fri as promised (they set the expectation then fail to meet it). Useless.

When NCS called me on Tues i tried to ascertain whether the part was the standard manufactured component or a superseded part. In my experience, one the factories find a problem with a component, it's usually modified to resolve the issues and the pert number is appended in some way to indicate it supersedes the previous part. NCS had no clue. They kept saying it was a good new part (i should bloody hope so) and that i wouldn't have the problem again. I persisted with my line of inquiry, but to no avail. I finished off by pointing out that if the part is the same that we'd likely have the same problem again in 2 years time. She denied this would be the case of course but she didn't convince me. I let it go with a final parting comment telling her that it doesn't matter to me because i would not be the owner by then as as soon as i can, i'll be getting rid of my QQ. When i do, i will publish the registration so if anyone on hear comes across it they can be aware of the problem.

I can now tell you that to get this far (and be bumped to the top of the waiting list at the dealership) we have each written (email) to NSC and Nissan Financial Services. I don't think NCS helped much, but as the cars are on a finance agreement with NFS, they (NFS) own them. As such, using section 75 of the consumers credit act, we both (individually) notified NFS that unless the problem was resolved within a satisfactory amount of time, that we would be looking to hand both cars back to them. They acknowledged both cases and advised they have 8 weeks to resolve the issue from the date we notified them. My only regret now is we didn't do this earlier on in the process. By making our complaint at the Dealer, NCS and NFS, our cases got pushed to emergency status and are now being resolved.

I have no confidence in Nissan or any of their services (the dealers been ok (could still do better though) to be fair) and after buying 4 new cars from them in the last 3 years we expected better. Still, we live an learn.
Now the wife's car is fixed, we are driving it straight up to the Volvo dealer on Sat where she has a 2 year old V40 D3 waiting that she picked out a few weeks back. I need to wait a little longer before i get to break even in my agreement, but as soon as i can i will be offloading the piece of crap QQ. I really wish we'd kept the QQ 360's we had before. The were a much better built car.

So, raise your complaint at the dealer, then at NCS and if under finance, with them too. Document all communications and activities in your diary and good luck
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.