Can lights be adjusted for continental use?

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

[quote="Gel"]
My Tweet to Nissan specified query was re a Tekna model Asked them for clarification, but not received[/QUOTE]
This morning's TWEET after requesting clarification:

Nissan Europe
@NissanEurope

You
will need to buy headlamp deflectors. There is no switch to change the beam
angle. ^FT

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Spinal

Post by Spinal »

[quote="Gel"]
Re adjustment re LHD, NUK have tweeted to call NUK Cus Serv , as obviously not in their FAQ book.What's in Tekna: [/QUOTE]
I got a response:Nissan Europe @NissanEurope Follow @mdaryanani Hi Michele, you will need to buy headlamp deflectors. There is no switch to change the beam angle. Thanks. ^FTSo it looks like that's not there...
John_Braham

Post by John_Braham »

It's a shame, I never managed to clean the sticky stuff from the deflectors off my X-Trail, even with white spirit..
2014 Tekna 4wd Magnetic Red + Towbar for the Bailey Pegasus 514 Caravan
AndyH70

Post by AndyH70 »

Best thing to clean the sticky stuff off is Isopropyl Alcohol or IPA as it's abbreviated to.
You can buy this online or any good hardware store.

Or if you have any friends who work in the NHS, the little pre-injection wipes (Sterets) they use also contain 70% IPA.
It would appear common sense is not as common as it's name implies.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Used to be available in chemists too; often used in cassette head cleaning kits, and possibly CD/DVD ones too.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
orlando

Post by orlando »

So having established that the Accenta Premium does not have ALL LED lights and Nissan have confirmed one would need deflectors, has anyone sourced a reliable product that cleans up after use?
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

I use meths for jobs like these. Not used it on clear plastic though.
tekna cvt mag red
NissanGB

Post by NissanGB »

Hi everyone, Just a quick note from us to confirm that Tekna models come with full LED headlamps - all other versions come with halogen lamps. However after checking with our technical experts, we do recommend that all owners use headlamp deflectors when driving abroad. The fine for not complying to the rules is very high, so we feel that it's always best to take all precautions.It is possible to buy deflectors from your local Nissan dealer or your nearest high-street motor factor. Many thanks
Spinal

Post by Spinal »

[quote="NissanGB"]Hi everyone, Just a quick note from us to confirm that Tekna models come with full LED headlamps - all other versions come with halogen lamps. However after checking with our technical experts, we do recommend that all owners use headlamp deflectors when driving abroad. The fine for not complying to the rules is very high, so we feel that it's always best to take all precautions.It is possible to buy deflectors from your local Nissan dealer or your nearest high-street motor factor. Many thanks[/QUOTE]
Thanks - any suggestion as to a product to remove the glue residue after the deflectors have been removed?
orlando

Post by orlando »

[quote="NissanGB"]Hi everyone, Just a quick note from us to confirm that Tekna models come with full LED headlamps - all other versions come with halogen lamps. However after checking with our technical experts, we do recommend that all owners use headlamp deflectors when driving abroad. The fine for not complying to the rules is very high, so we feel that it's always best to take all precautions.It is possible to buy deflectors from your local Nissan dealer or your nearest high-street motor factor. Many thanks[/QUOTE]Thanks for clearing that up, good to know Nissan are monitoring these forums with helpful feedback and most importantly corrections of any grossly misleading information. Unfortunately for me I have the Acenta Premium so require the deflectors but am struggling to get any precise steer on the correct product. I have sourced these www.care4car.com/car-travel-accessories ... ctors.html but when I look at the list my model is not on it even though the blurb says 2014 models are included. Do you know if this product is correct?
orlando2014-07-30 16:05:19