Improve FM Radio?

ICE, Equipment, Options
sogg

Post by sogg »

Hi,Ive noticed the FM Radio on my new Qashqai is not as good as my previous car or any other car for that matter, it seems to crackle and get static quiet often. I think i saw a video on youtube once about an advanced menu option for adjust the radios reception?Can anyone link me to this or have any suggestions about improving the radio quality?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

HIDDEN SERVICE MENU ACCESSJust use search on YouTube as I did:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l59Hhfuo4 Be very careful though
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
duncho

Post by duncho »

Gel, he won't be able to tweak FM radio in Service Menu. He need access Test Menu (press and hold simultaneously DAY/NIGHT button with ENTER button. Then enter FMradio settings and change SHARX IF BANDWIDTH from 0 to 6. After that it will slightly improve FM reception.

I made the video here: http://youtu.be/3dQgRGt33fYduncho2015-08-03 10:15:37
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
duncho

Post by duncho »

I had to leave my car at Nissan dealership and was given PULSAR pool car instead. I noticed that Nissan Connect used in PULSAR has incredibly good FM reception! There is no way to compare PULSAR head unit to Connect installed in my Qashqai, which reception is very very poor and even strong local radio tends to "mix in noise" while on move. Anyone has tried PULSAR radio as well?

jet

Post by jet »

duncho, yes, the FM reception in the C13 sounded a bit better to me, althought I drove it in a different location, which suggests different conditions; i.e. signal strength and frequency interference. So, you are trading the Qashqai for a Pulsar? :-)
jet2015-08-19 13:27:34
1.5 dCi MT Premium
duncho

Post by duncho »

Jet, I'm not trading QQ J11, it has been just at dealer for several fixes. Honestly speaking, I like how spacious the car is, but to me it looks cheap. I wonder whether better reception is caused by higher quality FM module or antenna used.