Automatic Door Locking

ICE, Equipment, Options
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I had a look at the American handbook for the Rogue, thanks for that Tony, very interesting.I tried the setting, but it does not work on the QQ, possibly needs a software update from Nissan.We will live in hope.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual

duncho

Post by duncho »

Door lock "anti-hijack" feature is definitely removed from new QQ J11 and will not be implemented anymore. I have just received the official statement from Nissan Europe:REF: 1-53SZ45Dear Mr Gr£ssen,based on your request from 04. 04. 2013, regarding information about the absence of "anti-hijack" feature in vehicle New Nissan Qashqai, we had received an answer from the Technical department of Nissan Sales CEE Kft. The answer is as follows:Removal of this feature is based on a new regulation, and vehicle new Nissan Qashqai is one of the pioneers not having such features, and all the rest of the manufacturers will follow this."Please note that there is an impact sensor to unlock the car in case of accident: a signal from the airbag unit is sent to the body control module to unlock the doors if they are locked at the time of a collision. BUT this system is not guaranteed to function in case the airbag or BCM wire is cut during an impact therefore we cannot get regulation approval."Based on the above, no manufacturers are supposed to offer such feature from mid 2015. We hope this information has been useful. If there is anything else that you feel we may be able to assist with, or if you would like a test drive in any of our models, please do not hesitate to contact us at Nissan Customer Support on 800 23 23 23. You may also visit us at www.nissan.cz for further details on any of our vehicles and for a selection of e-brochures.Yours Sincerely,Kl£ra Sobotov£Nissan Customer Service CEE
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Like many others I did miss having automatic door locking and came across another Chinese automotive solution courtesy of a Dutch QQ forum and Google translate :geek:

And here it is, for just over a tenner .... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Sh ... .75.7gbLc4

It's a plug in module for the OBD socket that locks the doors at speeds over 10km/h and unlocks when the engine is turned off (also unlocks if a door is opened). The spec includes unlocking if there's serious deceleration such as in a collision but I'm hoping not to test this bit.

One extra feature it has is to provide a hazard alert to other road users by blinking alternate left and right indicators when the driver or passenger doors are opened (sequence is L flash, R flash, pause, L flash, R flash, pause etc so not the same as hazard lights but still very effective). You can't turn off the flash feature so it's a personal thing as to whether you consider it useful enough to live with.

I've been using this for a month or so now and it works absolutely fine. I was a little concerned that when I installed the auto window closer module this OBD module would trigger window closing when it locked the doors :idea: but the design of the auto window closer is clever enough to ignore door locking commands when the ignition is turned on.
Last edited by Bob d on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bob, thanks for this information on the DoorLocking and Window Closing, ours is a LHD and looks an interesting addition but I suppose I have check the legalities in Germany also the Guarantee Effect - :D Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Bob D, thanks for that. I bought another version some time back from Ali, but mine wouldn't work. I got partial refund, but they claimed was fine on Chinese built QQ's.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
rigga

Post by rigga »

Thank the EU for removal of the door locking facility at speed another directive from them that ill hopefully see the back of when we finaly leave.
2016 n connector 1.2 xtronic auto ink blue J11
2019 n connector 1.3 dsg auto metallic red J11
2022 Tekna 1.3 xtronic auto ink blue J12
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Don't bank on it any time soon!
Recall was reported here that the Sunderland made Infiniti does have auto locking,
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

@ Dave, I wondered about the legals and possible insurance implications and came to the conclusion that all the OBD plugin was doing was automating what I would be doing anyway, locking the doors as I drive off. I reckon in the times we live in it would be a brave or just plain stupid committee that would dictate that it was illegal to drive a vehicle with doors locked....errrr......something for the EU then :oops: !! So far as the flashing lights are concerned, I have no idea :? but I'm prepared to live with it and pull the OBD plugin at MOT time!

@ Gel, I must admit I was a little cautious about trying out something from China, particularly through Ali whose buyer protection doesn't seem as robust as ebay for example, and sending a low value item back to China isn't economic. Anyway given the low cost and the fact that feedback through the Dutch QQ forum members seemed good then I thought I'd give it a go and I wasn't disappointed with the version I got. It's odd that our friends over in Holland seem so keen to lock their doors though, you'd have thought with all that water around they'd be the first to want to get out of their cars in a hurry should they leave the road and end up in a canal :shock:
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just recently I ordered 4 items through AliExpress all low value (to me) items and delivered to the door in Germany. Normally these parts go through our DHL Post System and then end up at the Customs Office. Anyway 3 items arrived within two weeks, one delivery had a damaged part and a new one was sent in one week. The last delivery did take some time to arrive like 4 weeks. During this time I used the AliExpress complaints system regarding the damaged part and late delivery, they wanted to return my money but we were talking of a couple of euros and did not make sense. Every message / complaint was answered in broken English and in the end a satisfied customer - Dave :)

Bob d, thanks for your comment ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Gel wrote:Bob D, thanks for that. I bought another version some time back from Ali, but mine wouldn't work. I got partial refund, but they claimed was fine on Chinese built QQ's.
Hi Gel,

Sorry to hear ....

Same experience on initial version bought cos they were for J10 in China but starting 3 months ago, China suppliers cracked it and they work fine for 50+ happy qashqai owners in Singapore after my MO ... same as what Bob had shared.

Sorry to say but this is BS on safety concern when there is still manual central locking with provided button ...simply shifting responsibility of the lack of their design to owners ...else why provide so ?? Nevertheless, it is certainly a safety concern in many developing countries if you forgot on manual central locking and crooks opens your doors and jumps into your car to rob you !!

Cheers.

Richard

PS: flashing at high speed braking does work which few of the 50+ qashqai owners had found out ..haha !