Automatic Door Locking

ICE, Equipment, Options
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

AUTO LOCKING ACTIVATED ON MY QQ!

My (AliExpress) plug in gadget has arrived & confirm the auto door lock function works fine. :)
Additionally, as I don't lock my car inside my garage, I see the car now auto locks too,
ie if you haven't done yourself, when you get out.

Installation leaflet (attached in Chinglish) says this feature is not activated by default; it is on mine!
On pdf attached, this can be reversed but instructions are unclear, as it says you need to use "controll (sic) pad" to do this, not the key fob.
Perhaps they mean the driver's door lock button?
As I normally leave windows partly open, I now press the ultrasonic deactivation button (pet button!) in the car
in case I lean in to put something in the QQ.

Haven't noticed the flashing indications function as mentioned, as yet.
Auto Door Lock.pdf
(65.87 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Last edited by Gel on Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Pleased it works for you. You'd have noticed the open door hazard light function if it was active. Interestingly the auto lock function wasn't set by default on my unit and nor could i set it using the Chinglish instructions. Maybe some of the extra functions are version/model year dependant. I do enjoy seeing the doors locked lamp lighting up as soon as I'm moving......it brings out the maverick in me, it's a vote against authority :D
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
beelox

Post by beelox »

Hi Gel - Mine is like yours the aut door lock is activated by default and nothing I have tried has been successful in turning it off - I don't want it on as the risk of locking the keys in is too great - Ordinarily you cannot lock your keys in but this allows it to happen. have you had any joy in turning it off?
Also like you no flashing lights - not that that worries me...

Bob D what is this doors locked lamp you refer to - I don't recall seeing one of those - ? I can here the door locks engaging as I move off but not seen any lamp? - cheers
Gel

Post by Gel »

Seller sent me some different instructions* to turn off the leave and lock feature, but for now have removed the accessory; seller is sending me a replacement saying he'd never had problem reported before. I guess it could possibly be down to the s/ware version that your QQ has.
1, plug in the item
2, close the door
3, turn the key from OFF- ON-OFF (presumably with I key, you use the start/stop button instead)
4. press 3 times the Unlock switch on inside of car door
5, the door will not be close ,
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
beelox

Post by beelox »

yep I have just had a reply from him - similar - hi
yes, you can turn off the auto lock function
1, put your car key to the hole
2, turn the key to ON-,Then OFF.
3. press 3 times unlock button like the pictures show ,
4, this function will turn off
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

beelox wrote: Bob D what is this doors locked lamp you refer to - I don't recall seeing one of those - ? I can here the door locks engaging as I move off but not seen any lamp? - cheers
The "doors locked" light is the right hand padlock indicator on the passenger air bag status panel located just below the ventilation controls panel. The left hand end of the panel has PASSENGER AIR BAG printed on it.

I've tried enabling the close and leave auto locking function on my version using the new instructions but to no avail. Personally I think I'd prefer the later versions that you guys appear to have which don't flash the lamps whenever a door is opened......I had to get a Nissan techie to have a quick look at my car the other day and he thought he had a major canbus fault on his hands when he opened the door and the indicator lights started doing a disco flash! :lol:
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I have one of these units on order, but I would imagine it should be removed before sending car for service to avoid confusion.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
Bob d

Post by Bob d »

Indeed, my intention was always that I'd unplug it prior to any service work etc but on this occasion I'd popped into the dealership for them to have a quick look at something else!! They were very good about it and told me there was no need to use a plug-in because the option to activate what they referred to as "rolling door locks" was available in my setup menu and that if I read my manual it would tell me all about it. I smiled and thanked them......I didn't really feel it was my role to point out they were wrong....after all, they're the Nissan dealership :?
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Gel wrote:AUTO LOCKING ACTIVATED ON MY QQ!

My (AliExpress) plug in gadget has arrived & confirm the auto door lock function works fine. :)
Additionally, as I don't lock my car inside my garage, I see the car now auto locks too,
ie if you haven't done yourself, when you get out.

Installation leaflet (attached in Chinglish) says this feature is not activated by default; it is on mine!
On pdf attached, this can be reversed but instructions are unclear, as it says you need to use "controll (sic) pad" to do this, not the key fob.
Perhaps they mean the driver's door lock button?
As I normally leave windows partly open, I now press the ultrasonic deactivation button (pet button!) in the car
in case I lean in to put something in the QQ.

Haven't noticed the flashing indications function as mentioned, as yet.
Auto Door Lock.pdf
Hi Gel,

Is your qasqhai with ikey and push start ?

If so, did you confirmed that it will auto lock even if your key is inside car which normally does not happens ?

Cheers.

Richard
Gel

Post by Gel »

Richard; yes/yes :(
There's warning in module leaflet not to leave key inside cabin.