Automatic Door Locking

ICE, Equipment, Options
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi Gel,

Thanks for the quick advice.

Indeed will be a concern and will have to think if I will change to this version when received.

My current version of auto central lock ond module at 20km/hr, flashing harzard light when anyndoors open and when doing emergency braking does not do so though it does not auto lock if you walk away without locking it which is quite cool.

Also not sure why some owners raised concern raised on flashing hazard light when doors open which I thought is a great feature given our door can open from inside even if central locked ..it warns especially oncoming motorcyclists and also car for owners with ignorant children and even forgetful adults failing to check for them which driver will not be able to control. Mod for 2.0L with inner locks from China qashqai is ok but 1.2L are the majority in Singapore which are also with superlock version rendered mod to failed due to 2 wire of lock from China qashqai and 3 wire if with superlock option.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

PHOTO_20160418_152111.jpg

PHOTO_20160418_152101.jpg

sydswan

Post by sydswan »

I have just ordered the door locking module thru AliExpress and I am wondering where
the OBD connector is in my car.

My car is the Australian version with the 2.0 ltr Engine.

Are there any problems that I may encounter installing
this module ?

Any response would be appreciated .

Thanks,

Peter
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Just above the foot pedals is a small flap (above your ankles actually) ; pull forward smartly, and it'll reveal the socket.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

The OBD panel is to the left of the bonnet (hood) and fuel flap release levers. As Gel says, it takes some effort to remove.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks Gel and Hound for that information, will look into that b4 it arrives.
I don't expect it to arrive b4 Christmas.

Thanks again,

Peter :D
Gel

Post by Gel »

UPDATE: 8-)

Replacement module just arrived, following grief with the lock & leave feature being permanently on
and being unable to disable, as others have posted.

I now have the flashing lights (no bedknobs though!) feature working and it hasn't locked
the car automatically after leaving unlocked.

bedknobs.jpg

Let's see how it goes over next few days.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
richard_crl032

Post by richard_crl032 »

Hi Gel,

I also bought and received the version with self locking and can confirm that it somehow bypass the stock sensing that the remote is in the car to prevent locking and simply locks the door with remote key in the car ..no good.

I also tried to disable this feature while noting instruction from seller is for China qashqai without ikey using pushstart function and failed to do so.

As the qashqai is driven by wife who leaves her ikey remote in her handbag, I put back my previous module without self locking since high chance of me needing to drive to wherever she is with spare remote when locked out ..haha !

Hope there will be version soon that sense remote in car and does not lock car.

Cheers.

Richard
Gel

Post by Gel »

You should ask for a replacement as I did Richard, as I think there was a faulty batch.
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

I have just had a look to see where this panel is located. Gel and Hound said it was just ankle height
to the left of the bonnet and fuel cover lever.
To satisfy me because I had a tug at this panel and it looked like it may break.
Took some measurements. Is it about 200mm long and 80mm deep ?
If this is the correct panel, then how hard do I have to pull at it ?

Peter :oops:
Gel

Post by Gel »

That's it; just get your fingers in the slot & pull forward sharply.