Hands free microphone quality

ICE, Equipment, Options
AceKing158

Post by AceKing158 »

Thoroughly road tested this morning since the software update D302. A small improvement to sound quality. You can now hear the person speaking clearly enough at 70 mph, but still a lot of background road noise. Conclusion -software update worth having, but don't expect a significant improvement of microphone quality to rival some of the other car makes. Overall the sound quality is still poor when bench marked against other cars I have driven and used the bluetooth connection. It's useable, but only as a poor pass.

oscartzr

Post by oscartzr »

Hi all,

did somebody achieved to get this working? I had the software update without success, for me I believe that there is no sound quality improvement after this action....

Nissan Qashqai Tekna May 2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

I have the same issue, raised on the highest level possible and this is their official response:

Me: "...poor audibility/clarity of handsfree phone calls over 80km/h speed"

Nissan: "Unfortunately it is not possible to tune it any better, than it is already."
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

Just a thought, is your sound system set up with equal bias front and rear? I let all the sound go to the rear to keep grand kids happy, and us in front sane when playing children's CDs. Result - near total loss of sound on 'phone via bluetooth. Remedy, put the bias back to normal (when the grandkids were gone). :)
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Got to say I never have any problem with mine.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I don't use mine much, but it seemed to work fine on the occasions it was in use.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Our system seems to be satisfactory I have never had a problem understanding even when talking to Siri again and again when he does not understand my English - Dave :roll:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
oscartzr

Post by oscartzr »

Thrall wrote:Just a thought, is your sound system set up with equal bias front and rear? I let all the sound go to the rear to keep grand kids happy, and us in front sane when playing children's CDs. Result - near total loss of sound on 'phone via bluetooth. Remedy, put the bias back to normal (when the grandkids were gone). :)

But...What does that have to do with the microphone? The problem is: we can hear perfectly the one in the other side, but he/she can't. They hear the driver with a lot of noise and in the background...
Thrall

Post by Thrall »

It very probably has nothing to do with the microphone and specifically your unfortunate problem. Others on this thread have mentioned sound reception. I apologise if I have blurred your issue and posted a comment not relevant.
2013 J10 SE 1.6 dCi 6speed manual, 4wd.
duncho

Post by duncho »

The problem in general is in handsfree system design, not microphone. Proper handsfree systems use 2 microphones. One captures a voice of calling person and the other noise in car interior. The one which captures interior noise is mixed with the other (voice mic), but with signal phase turned 180' which causes the noise being "erased".
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!