navigation updates available this month

ICE, Equipment, Options
sexton

Post by sexton »

Last night I discovered that the same maps used on the Nissan are downloadable for FREE when you use the Here Android app.Your tablet does not need to be connected to the internet to calculate routes or navigate.So Nissan will not be getting any of my money.

Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

sexton wrote:Last night I discovered that the same maps used on the Nissan are downloadable for FREE when you use the Here Android app.Your tablet does not need to be connected to the internet to calculate routes or navigate.So Nissan will not be getting any of my money.
Same on Google Maps now. You can download a large area before you set off so no data usage :)
sexton

Post by sexton »

Bullyboy wrote:My safety kit was missing a quick trip back to the dealer rectified it. Enjoy the car
What does a "safety kit" consist of?
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

It's a bad with vest warning triangle and other bits and bobs in case of breakdown. If you look on the website I believe all qq come with it ( or should do )
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
escargot

Post by escargot »

If it's of interest, I have just taken delivery of my Qashqai and it has the latest maps as per black rojers photos.
2016 1.6 DCI Tekna in Magnetic Red with pano roof.
Madasabear

Post by Madasabear »

Interesting thread , picked my new QQ up Thursday, says 2013 in the map config. Guess when the garage give me the curtesy call I'll have a few questions for them
QQ N-Connecta ( Comfort Pack ) 1.5 dci ink blue ( April '16 Registered )
Fogey

Post by Fogey »

Further to my earlier post. The dealer dropped the safety kit off at my house after being asked (one of their staff lives not too far from me). He was unaware that there was a map update (he said) and after a bit of pushing he said he would take it up with Nissan. He later contacted me to tell me there was indeed a map upgrade and he had asked Nissan to send one. Nissan told him they had no UK stock and it might be 2 to 3 weeks to arrive. He also thanked me for bringing the matter to his attention and said that on checking they had 3 other new QQs with the old maps. Just over a week later the new map card arrived so all's well that ends well!
Thank for your input on this, without being able to quote the new part number I found on here it would have been a lot more difficult.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Good result fogey on the map. I bet not many of the rest of us are so lucky. After finding the new map number on this thread I was thinking of taking the plunge and just paying for it but struggling to find it in stock on line. Anyone know where it's in stock outside the Nissan dealer network ? Thanks
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

I have just had the new map from B_R a member here; came very quickly. :D
Installed perfectly.

Sad to see that it still shows a local ESSO garage that shut over 10 years ago though. :(
Shame on you HERE.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Madasabear

Post by Madasabear »

So a quick update , dealer didn't want to know , said that was in the build so that's what you get. Now raised a case with Nissan customer service as on an April registered car this is not what I expected. I'll keep you all updated
QQ N-Connecta ( Comfort Pack ) 1.5 dci ink blue ( April '16 Registered )