Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
webweaver

Post by webweaver »

Mine stopped working just ahead of a two year service.

Bristol Street Motors (Derby) said that it would be £200 for a regas with the 'special' gas. I told them I wasn't happy.

On a side-note - their customer service in Service Reception is dire... avoid.

The Service Manager acknowledged that he'd had a lot of people in complaining about this charge. So clearly an issue.

I've just tried Sandicliffe, Loughborough/Nottingham - they want to charge £250!

Arrrggghhh. Where can I go to get this re-gassed - ideally a Main Dealer so if there are leakage issues - I can go back for a warranty fix and refund. I'm on the Leicestershire/Derbyshire border.

None of the larger 'back-street' garages will touch it - they can't connect to the Nissan system apparently. So Nissan have really got this stitched up. Any advice for a good main dealer in the North Midlands would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mickrory

Post by Mickrory »

Nissan need to start being honest here and accept they have problems with aircon on late model Qashqai's.
I've run other models for 5 years without regasses so why are our models losing gas in 12 months?. I'm liaising with Nissan head office and our local dealership in Blackpool over my aircon problem and I expect Nissan head office to authorise and sort the whole cost out under the warranty.
I'll keep you all posted.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Webweaver, you will most probably find the reason that the so called "Back Street Garages" will not touch the QQ is because it uses the new R1234yf Air Con Fluid which is very expensive and needs expensive equipment to refill it. The older fluid R134a has been superceded due to new regulations - Dave ;)

There is a post I raised on Air Con Costs that you should find under :
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3058&p=31380&hilit ... sts#p31380
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Just received a phone call from Nissan customer services. I complained that a 2 year old QQ shouldn't be running out of gas in 2 years. He said that is what they and the likes of Kwik Fit etc. all recommend, a regas every 2 years! I said the cost is ridiculous and he said it was down to the EU making them put more eco friendly gasses into the cars.

Suppose i'll have to bite the bullet and pay the £160 the dealer wanted but still not happy about it. Only had it 15 months.
TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

Awaiting a new intercooler for the air con for my qashqai, rung garage to chase it up and they told me there's a delay because alot of qashqais are having the same problem. So there must defo be a fault with that part.
Tronlegacy
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

TRON2 wrote:Awaiting a new intercooler for the air con for my qashqai, rung garage to chase it up and they told me there's a delay because alot of qashqais are having the same problem. So there must defo be a fault with that part.
Intercooler, or condenser? I thought the intercooler was part of the airflow system attached to the turbo, not the aircon.

Post by sticky »

I bought the "road tax free" Qashqai recently, but now it turns out I'll be spending £200 every 2 years just to keep the AC going, so no real saving there then.
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

sticky wrote:I bought the "road tax free" Qashqai recently, but now it turns out I'll be spending £200 every 2 years just to keep the AC going, so no real saving there then.
Dont forget new brake discs and pads every 2 years (at £260) Oh and Tyres too since they wear pretty quick.

So much for all the "economical" chat from the salesman !
webweaver

Post by webweaver »

DaveBerlin wrote:Webweaver, you will most probably find the reason that the so called "Back Street Garages" will not touch the QQ is because it uses the new R1234yf Air Con Fluid which is very expensive and needs expensive equipment to refill it. The older fluid R134a has been superceded due to new regulations - Dave ;)

There is a post I raised on Air Con Costs that you should find under :
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3058&p=31380&hilit ... sts#p31380
Thanks DaveBerlin - useful info.... and yes understand that the new fluid is more expensive.

Doesn't explain the fact its mostly all leaked away after just 24 months! Still going to do battle with Nissan on this - just through a more professional dealership. It does sound like their are common issues with this... and the sooner other supplies can supply the gas - or at least carry out the re-gas - the better for us consumers.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D