Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
Alanb

Post by Alanb »

I have been in contact with Nissan customer service for weeks now chaseing a replacement ac compressor for a2014 qashqai. Seems theres a big queue for these , the very polite customer service says they have had to change suppliers so no doubt too many faulty units. They still cannot say when it will be ready. I bought what I thought was a reliable Nissan brand new so this is most disappointing especially in the current weather ! I would have expect Nissan to compensate owners who have had a less than functioning vehicle ( in my case since April ) Anyone got similar experience ?

jstallan

Post by jstallan »

See my comments on the 'other thread'. I always end my conversation with the NCS agent with "so when will you be calling me with the next update?" and to be fair they have called/texted when they say they will (weekly).

I was trying to think what compensation would be appropriate and arrived at "free regass the next time I think it needs one". Obviously the longer this problem goes on , the number of regasses might increase!
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
Trevone

Post by Trevone »

Hi
My car 2014 qashqai teckna also not cooling since last week. Got it re-gassed in May 2016 which is just two months ago. I showed it a friend who is a mechanic he suggested it is a electrical problem as the compressor was not kicking in when the ac button was on. I have just booked a diagnostic check but the earliest appointment nissan ruislip can give me is 18 August 2016
Toffeeggs

Post by Toffeeggs »

As a retired refrigeration engineer I have been interested in all what has been said with regard to the new Gas and having to recharge the system every two years (Quote from Villawoz)
How many times do the members have to have the fridge or freezer in the home recharged. If you do its mostly due to leakage. No way does somebody have to have recharged every two years if there is no leak. My fridge at home is R134a and is now ten years old and has not been recharged.
What Nissan are seem to be implying is that the compound of the gas is breaking down so it has to be replaced every two years. So basically the gas is not fit for purpose.
To recharge the system every two years is down to a leak or breakdown of the compound.
For every fridge gas out there, there is a replacement drop-in gas available 95% of the time, but this new gas R1234yf was created to be used as a drop- in replacement for the R134a gas.
I just wonder if it would be OK to replace R1234yf with the well tested and proven OK gas R134a.
But reading all reports it was a direct order from EU for all car companies to use R1234yf as even Mercedes were reluctant to use it but they were ordered to in the end.
My Tekna is two years old and luckily I still have some kit for checking for leakage etc. so just keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to use it.
XTrailQashqaiJuked& nowbacktoQashqaiwithGun Metal1.6Teknacvt
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Toffeeggs wrote:As a retired refrigeration engineer I have been interested in all what has been said with regard to the new Gas and having to recharge the system every two years (Quote from Villawoz)
How many times do the members have to have the fridge or freezer in the home recharged. If you do its mostly due to leakage. No way does somebody have to have recharged every two years if there is no leak. My fridge at home is R134a and is now ten years old and has not been recharged.
What Nissan are seem to be implying is that the compound of the gas is breaking down so it has to be replaced every two years. So basically the gas is not fit for purpose.
To recharge the system every two years is down to a leak or breakdown of the compound.
For every fridge gas out there, there is a replacement drop-in gas available 95% of the time, but this new gas R1234yf was created to be used as a drop- in replacement for the R134a gas.
I just wonder if it would be OK to replace R1234yf with the well tested and proven OK gas R134a.
But reading all reports it was a direct order from EU for all car companies to use R1234yf as even Mercedes were reluctant to use it but they were ordered to in the end.
My Tekna is two years old and luckily I still have some kit for checking for leakage etc. so just keeping my fingers crossed I don't have to use it.
Very true ! I didn't think about the Freezer. I just sold one that was 14 years old and it still worked perfectly :)

I had a Toyota corolla which needed regassing after 10 years. It cost me £28 at a local ATS garage and then I was good to go again.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Toffeeggs, good to hear from somebody that was in the Refridgeration Game and is in the know. I pushed NCS here in Germany before we received our QQ because nobody mentioned that the J11 QQ Model had this new Gas R1234yf and it was big news out here due to the EU Regulations & Testing. But nothing changed and guaranteed no Dealer informs their Customers whatever the manufacturer.
Our Dealer could find no actual leaks on our's until it was up on the Ramp and that is when they took photos regarding the Black Marks / Gas leaks for NCS / Guarantee. Because of the comment that the QQ has to be Re-Gassed every two years I asked our Dealer Service Mgr. and he was unaware of this request or need. Checking yes and if low I would assume it would need a top up as usual.
There were only two suppliers DuPont & Honeywell for the new Gas, aren't they lucky - Dave :lol:
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Just hit s friendly email from my Nissan dealer offering a summer sale of only £49 for air con service
"Air Con Service for just £49! Save £50 Was £99
Regular air conditioning servicing is preventative maintenance.
Our qualified technicians will carry out a full air conditioning service, drain and replenish the system with fresh air conditioning gas and lubricant plus carry out a decontamination clean for just £49, saving you £50 against our RRP £99. Plus we’ll give your car a 25 point safety check worth £49.99 absolutely Free."
Still awaiting new condensor under warranty. The phrase left hand...fight hand.."comes to mind !
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

landee, I would question your Dealer on this price for the Air Conditioning Service. Is it for the Old R134a or for the New R1234yf QQ stuff because this stuff costs an "Arm & a Leg" and special equipment is required - Very Expensive ! :oops:
Take a look at the General comment from Nissan attached and you will see the ** comment "includes only vehicles requiring R134a gas / excludes vehicles requiring 1234yf gas" - Might be worth a call to your Dealer - Dave :(

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Iandee

Post by Iandee »

Thanks Dave , but having started on the 'journey' of getting the condenser replaced under warranty only last week, it was a bit 'annoying' to receive such an email which obviously wouldn't apply ! My Yorkshire weird sense of humour! Sorry
Ian Dee
1.2 petrol manual Acenta Premium Dig-T Reg May 2014, Magnetic Red. bought Feb 2015.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ian, no problem at all ! ;) You will most probably find that you are on a Dealer Std. Circulalation List. We had the same from our Dealer regarding the QQ 2 Year Service which we had booked a week before. I suppose on the bright side information is flowing from the Dealer - Dave :)