Air Conditioning not very cold

ICE, Equipment, Options
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Just tried them in the link above and they want £450 to re-gas!!!! Ridiculous

Post by sticky »

Just got a call from my dealer, and to be honest I'm not surprised at what they told me. My car was booked in tomorrow for a replacement condenser (after waiting for around 3 weeks)....and now it looks like they are not going to get any until the end of the month. They are not taking any bookings until they actually get the parts in. Clearly there is a design flaw, otherwise, I can't understand why so many people are waiting on having this part replaced. I just hope that the replacement parts have addressed the issue! (cross posted this to a similar thread on this forum)
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

sticky wrote:Just got a call from my dealer, and to be honest I'm not surprised at what they told me. My car was booked in tomorrow for a replacement condenser (after waiting for around 3 weeks)....and now it looks like they are not going to get any until the end of the month. They are not taking any bookings until they actually get the parts in. Clearly there is a design flaw, otherwise, I can't understand why so many people are waiting on having this part replaced. I just hope that the replacement parts have addressed the issue! (cross posted this to a similar thread on this forum)
I feel your pain... The same happened to me this week. Was booked in for Wednesday, got a text to say parts (dealer waiting on 8 condenser units) still not arrived despite them being told the parts would be with them the end of last week. Dealer said that 7 of the units were under warranty while 1 was actually being paid for by the customer (how hacked off are they!!).

Similiar thing happened about 8 years ago with my Vauxhall Zafira. Common fault on the diesel (Astras as well) was for the EGR valve to become blocked. So many people waiting on replacements (modified design) the dealer was 'flat out' cleaning the EGRs just to keep people on the road.
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Taking mine for a re-gas later today. Dealer I bought car off said £160 but local rival says £79. I asked if it is definitely the new type of gas and they said it is. We shall see.
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Just got back from dealers and they said bad news and good news. Bad news they couldn't re-gas is today but good news is that's because two pipes were split so they are just confirming with Nissan to put it through the warranty so i'll end up paying nothing which is good.

Just shows first dealership were awful saying there was no leaks. They also said I didn't have a puncture when I took it back 2 days after buying it. Went to local place found big spike in it and they repaired. I'll be reporting them to Nissan and never darkening their door again.
Mickrory

Post by Mickrory »

Been back to main dealer in Blackpool today. Qashqai was regassed a month ago and blowing out warm air. Charged another £185 today to regas again (monthly regas!!), no leak detected.
Completely cheesed off with NISSAN. Contacting the CEO tomorrow to try and get this problem resolved.
Wish I'd never bought a Nissan Qashqai.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well it certainly looks like there is an Air Con Problem with the QQ as we now have 3 Posts on this subject.
Our's goes into today at midday - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
villawoz

Post by villawoz »

Mine was fixed under warranty in the end. Two pipes replaced and blowing freezing cold now so I'm pleased. Been fine since last Thursday when it was done so hopefully that's it for now.

Post by sticky »

Mickrory wrote:Been back to main dealer in Blackpool today. Qashqai was regassed a month ago and blowing out warm air. Charged another £185 today to regas again (monthly regas!!), no leak detected.
Completely cheesed off with NISSAN. Contacting the CEO tomorrow to try and get this problem resolved.
Wish I'd never bought a Nissan Qashqai.
Before you contact the CEO maybe a few of us should band together and write a joint response? And rather than a letter, maybe an open letter hosted on the web via a specific URL e.g. Qashqaiairconfault.com?

My 2014 Qashqai spends 8 hrs in a car park at Heathrow, I then spend 50mins on the M4 sitting in what is now essentially a greenhouse with wheels. To say it's uncomfortable would be an understatement. Clearly, there is either a design fault with the condensers or a serious quality control issue. I've been waiting a couple of months now, and my main concern is that when it is eventually replaced (I'm guessing in the winter!), that if the part is the same as the old part, then next year I will be in the same situation, except this time it won't be covered by the warranty. And also.....Nissan recommends a regassing every 2 years at a cost of >£200. WTF!
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

I had out QQ regassed about 6 weeks ago and the a/c is no longer working. I've booked it in for a service next week and told them the a/c doesn't work and they need to fix it. I won't be paying for it. In fact if there is an issue with the pipes / condenser, I will be asking for a refund for the regassing they carried out a few weeks ago.
The only other car I've owned that needed it's a/c regassing was my Lotus Exige, but that was a known issue.