Air Con problem

ICE, Equipment, Options
jstallan

Post by jstallan »

:D :D Maybe the UK shipment of condensers have been hijacked and diverted to Germany :D :D
2014 (64) QashQai 1.5 dci Tekna in Blade Silver

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

You could well be correct our Dealer said possibly a week delivery with a grin and then the phone call comes regarding the ship had docked and the delivery. :D :lol: . I will try to take a look at the Condenser to see what the problem is after installation. I have searched the webs and can find nothing with regard to this Condenser problem except our Forum comments - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

That would be a great help Dave if yiu could get a look at the supposed damage/leak, maybe even a photo too!
I still have a feeling its not so much damage, more likely worn seals or connections working loose. Either way, your findings will prove helpfull to others.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

When Our Service Mgr. mentioned that he thought it was Gas escaping from the Condenser it started my mind working (happens not so often these days :roll: ), anyway I posted in March 2014 some information on this R1234yf Air Con Fluid as it was big news in Germany.
Again this information was not to "SCARE" but to inform and NCS was also questioned on this, so if you have time just take a look and see what you think. My point was how many customers not only Nissan have any idea on this Fluid or its related costs or were even informed on the change.
It was also bought to mind yesterday when one of the Test Organisations here GTÜ (Gesellschaft für Technische Überwachung) recommended if a Fire Extinquisher is installed it should be by the Driver or Passenger (where do you put it ?) and not in the Rear (whoops our's is in the Rear :oops: ) and a that a Fire Extinquisher Sticker also helps if one is on board - Dave ;)

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=575&hilit=R1234yf+ ... luid#p5583
If you hit the treehugger website you will see a video
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
mavrik64

Post by mavrik64 »

So we're still waiting to hear, NCS have been pretty useless so far. Having said that, since we raised the cases with them, the dealer has become more communicative. We also wrote to Nissan Finance. This helps as they own the vehicles. We have both requested compensation or early termination with discount if the problem doesn't get resolved soon. They acknowledge our complaints and confirmed they have 8 weeks (by law (consumer rights section 75 iirc)) to resolve the complaints. All this seems to be galvanising some one as the dealer called my wife to say they think the condensers should be in next week and we are now top of the list to get fixed. Keeping our fingers crossed.
I owe, I owe = so it's of to work i go
2014 Tekna 4x4 Black.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Ive been reading about how many of you feel that the QQ's air conditioning system is either inadequate and not up to the job, or has some form of design/manufacturing fault leading to refrigerant gas loss. I cant comment factually on the latter, as mine is working perfectly, or at least as good as it needs to in my opinion.
Ive just checked the cooloing efficiency using a temperature sensor from a home weather station with the following results...
Mixed sunny/overcast day.
External ambient temp 20ºC
Car internal ambient temp 35ºC
All vents open, aircon on Lo, max fan speed, sensor in drivers center dash vent, about 6 inches inside the vent, engine running at idle, recirculation button in Off position.
Air temp from vent was 35ºC for les than 30 seconds, then reduced to 20ºC.
Temperature reduced to between 7 and 10ºC within 2 minutes.
Whilst driving the temp reduced further to 3-4ºC
Again whilst driving the external ambient temp rose to 24ºC and the vent temp rose accordingly between 2 and 3ºC.
Sitting in stationary traffic resulted in the vent temp rising back up to its initial idling temp of 3-4ºC.
Again whilst driving or stationary, the vent temp varied by 3ºC whether in sunlight or overcast cloud conditions.
I'll repeat the excercise in different external ambient temps to see how things show up.

What I have learned from this is that the aircon cools more whilst moving. I did think it would, but I didnt think the difference would be as much as it is.
This has also made me wonder if those of you that feel the cooling is inadequate.....do you have mesh grills fitted on the fronts of your vehicle, as this can clearly affect the efficiency of the condensor.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, thanks for a very good Air Con test this definitely shows the variations available and I am sure many members wished their's worked as well. As mentioned before we tried a wide variation of settings but to no avail and the Dealer now points the problem to the Condenser, so we shall see next week.
Actually I did discuss a proposal of a Grill addition with our Service Mgr. and he thought it was a good idea providing the Mesh was not too fine and allows Air to enter to do it's job eg. Similiar to the existing Plastic Upper Grill Mesh dimn's. Best method discussed was to remove the Lower Front and add the Mesh behind as Pre-Shaping and fixing Grills to install in the existing Slots would be more difficult, but naturally could be done.

Just to clarify your comment regarding the Mesh Grills are you talking about the Nissan (Diesel) or After Market Grills.
I have attached some examples to confirm just which type you are referring to - Dave ;)
1. QQ Petrol / 2. QQ Diesel / 3. after Market Grills :

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

DaveBerlin, I was indeed referring to aftermarket grills.....reducing airflow and cooling effects.
As you can see in your photos, the diesel QQ's have an additional shuttering system that opens and closes automatically at certain temps/speeds. However, it only protects the main cooling radiator, not the aircon condenser. Maybe somethkng for Nissan to look at on future facelifts?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, is this what you would be talking about ?. This is a photo of a Nissan Rogue taken in 2014 at a US Dealer in Florida for information, but as you can see the Mesh is a little on the wide side but most probably sufficient to help - Dave ;)

image.jpeg

TRON2

Post by TRON2 »

Still waiting for my air con to be fixed. Will be 5 weeks this friday!!! The picture the mechanic showed me of the intercooler leaking, was that it was the top right corner. I wonder if its the same problem we're all having, maybe its just stress on the intercooler and it takes 2 years for it spilt.
Tronlegacy