Alarm

ICE, Equipment, Options
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Well they have had it 4 Days and not a peep from them. I am away however expected something. Have emailed and asked for an update. Slightly anxious that have heard nothing.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof

Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Well after sending them a crappy email Friday having still not heard anything all week I get a call from the service manager. They identified a fluctuating power module which effectively has been ' acting like the battery has been disconnected' and when the voltage goes low it's setting the alarm off as the car thinks it's being tampered with and also as the voltage drops so low it resets some of the display info system.
I am still away so wife will monitor the car and fingers crossed that's the end if it. He confirmed no issues with the air con.
He seemed on the phone to be good on the conversation we had. However I mentioned that I had heard nothing all week and hence sent a crappy email.

Again customer service on keeping me informed poor.

I'll hopefully not have to update this again and the fault is fixed. Breathe being held......
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Brian Slade

Post by Brian Slade »

Please be advised that two weeks ago my car alarm intermittently started in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. After a couple of sleepless nights I contacted the garage who were very sympathetic and offered to look after the car whilst I went abroad rather than annoying my neighbours in my absence. During my discussions with the garage it was evident that this was a known fault requiring a replacement alarm control unit. Fortunately, the fault was diagnosed, a replacement unit fitted and I collected the car on my return to the UK...............
Please note this is my first submission.....hope this helps

2014 Qashqai 1.6 dCi Acenta Premium Storm White
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Brian thanks for this. If I goes off again I'll mentioned the alarm unit although mine was linked with other problems.
All the best
Paul
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Will be home tomorrow but wife tells me tonight no sign of alarm Action since car return Saturday.

Let's hope sorted for good
All the best
Paul